Post-Game Talk: #72| New York Islanders @ Minnesota Wild | March 17th | 6:00 PM | F/OTW 3-2

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Leddy has regressed every year since his new contract and Toews and Pelech can more than fill our top 4 on the left side. I take my chances signing Hoffman and he fills a drastic need for this team.
I mean, I’d be fine with leddy for Hoffman if something else were coming back to the Islanders as well as Hoffman

It’s all about maximizing the return on your asset. 3 years of Leddy is worth more than 1 year of Hoffman in a vaccuum (though Hoffman is a bigger need)

Reactions: BTrotts19

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Doomsday crowd can shut up for a night. Let's get that division crown.

Not so sure on this; they are not playing the type of hockey they were playing prior to the all-star break. They got lucky tonight because they should have lost this game like 6-2 or so, they were badly outgunned for long stretches.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
I mean, I’d be fine with leddy for Hoffman if something else were coming back to the Islanders as well as Hoffman

It’s all about maximizing the return on your asset. 3 years of Leddy is worth more than 1 year of Hoffman in a vaccuum (though Hoffman is a bigger need)

We do need a genuine #2 center to take the heat off barzal.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Don't disagree as far as the D, as Puls, Pel, Toews and Mayfield have progressed well, and IMO along with Lehner are the primary reasons the team is in such a good spot.

Its the forwards that are really weak; look at other teams like WPG, Nash, DC, etc., their first two lines are WAY beyond anything we can muster. We need to sign panarin, hoffman and maybe one or two other top flite scoring forwards to truly be a contending team.

Or Wahlstrom/Dobson or both, and maybe JHS need to make the kind of strides the young dmen made this season.
Dobson's a D man, hardly interchangeable with Wahly.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
i just watched 'most' of the game, and i can't figure out why some of you guys are saying that we deserved to lose???

i thought we looked tired, and i can understand why. i also thought we got royally f***ed by the refs.

team effort and coaching were off the charts tonight, IMO. this is playoff hockey, and we just beat a good team in their barn!

i am so f***ing proud of our boys! everyone! i have bashed players from time to time, but Trotz has everyone playing well structured, strong hockey. i am happy as a pig in piss right now. you know, the kinda pig that likes piss...

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY

Bigger need of Hoffman and we could slide in Aho to fill the 3LD or Hickey though that isn't my preference

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Don't disagree as far as the D, as Puls, Pel, Toews and Mayfield have progressed well, and IMO along with Lehner are the primary reasons the team is in such a good spot.

Its the forwards that are really weak; look at other teams like WPG, Nash, DC, etc., their first two lines are WAY beyond anything we can muster. We need to sign panarin, hoffman and maybe one or two other top flite scoring forwards to truly be a contending team.

Or Wahlstrom/Dobson or both, and maybe JHS need to make the kind of strides the young dmen made this season.
Dobson probably replaces Boychuk at some point and with Aho I could see them making Leddy available to get forward help.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL

I know I'm going to sh#t all over for this, but I'm not ready to give up on Leddy yet. Still love the way he skates and we may see a better version when the black hole that is our O and PP changes. Tough for him to play his game the way we are structured now.

Reactions: IwayMike

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
i just watched 'most' of the game, and i can't figure out why some of you guys are saying that we deserved to lose???

i thought we looked tired, and i can understand why. i also thought we got royally ****ed by the refs.

team effort and coaching were off the charts tonight, IMO. this is playoff hockey, and we just beat a good team in their barn!

i am so ****ing proud of our boys! everyone! i have bashed players from time to time, but Trotz has everyone playing well structured, strong hockey. i am happy as a pig in piss right now. you know, the kinda pig that likes piss...
A lot of good points here but when you say you can understand why we looked tired, what is it you're understanding? Minnesota was on same B2B and played later than Isles yesterday. Offset travel time IMO.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I know I'm going to sh#t all over for this, but I'm not ready to give up on Leddy yet. Still love the way he skates and we may see a better version when the black hole that is our O and PP changes. Tough for him to play his game the way we are structured now.
I like Leddy also he actually hasn’t had a bad year for most part he just isn’t a good power play guy he just doesn’t shoot enough. His contract and the fact he is 27 could get them a top six forward they need and they have the defense prospects like Aho who could replace him. I’m not for giving him away but getting someone for their top six forward group would have to be the price.

Reactions: Capt Obvious

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I like Leddy also he actually hasn’t had a bad year for most part he just isn’t a good power play guy he just doesn’t shoot enough. His contract and the fact he is 27 could get them a top six forward they need and they have the defense prospects like Aho who could replace him. I’m not for giving him away but getting someone for their top six forward group would have to be the price.
Yeah, I guess I should have been clearer. I'm talking about Leddy the player divorced from the contract. But if we can move that money and get a quality forward I agree that we have the depth coming up that he would not be worth keeping.

Last edited:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Would resign Nelson in a contract heavily laden with incentives. Bailey I would look to trade this off-season; his lack of effort has become unbearable.

We as fans might have to accept that Barry has squeezed as much juice out of this group of players as he possibly can; there are some bright spots and a lot of dead wood. We knew coming into the season they were a flawed roster, and needed to upgrade several spots.

That's what makes even stupid losses like the Detroit game a bit more palatable, because I did not expect them to make the playoffs. They are not a well constructed team as Snow was a terrible GM.

We need to remember how bad we sucked last year, and how the team this season is 95% the same roster. A coach can only do so much with the material he is given, and Barry has done magic - but even he can't make diamonds out of shyte.

That said, it was cool to have the two MN boys both score tonight.

Preach brother. This post is straight truth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad