Post-Game Talk: #72| New York Islanders @ Minnesota Wild | March 17th | 6:00 PM | F/OTW 3-2

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
What’s isles record vs Washington so far? 1-2?

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Hoffman is a pending UFA, trading Leddy for him would be Milbury level overpayment.

Leddy has regressed every year since his new contract and Toews and Pelech can more than fill our top 4 on the left side. I take my chances signing Hoffman and he fills a drastic need for this team.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Tie-Breaking Procedure

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
  2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
  3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.
  4. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

the problem with the tiebreaker now is it is a bit of a facade. We get it now on goal differential because the first loss to Washington doesn't count (see #3) currently. However, when we play Washington a 4th time that firs loss will be added back in. They have beaten us 2 of 3. If we tie them in points and ROWs after 82, it would have to include a regulation win in the last game of the year to go to goal differential (that would give us both 4 pts head to head).

Reactions: Big L

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Let’s go Flyers,
A Flyer regulation W tonight would take virtually all of the sting out of yesterday's loss to DET.

A bit surprised at Shannon's comments that assumed Isles already in playoffs. "Wild fighting to get in while Isles fight for home ice advantage".

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Would resign Nelson in a contract heavily laden with incentives. Bailey I would look to trade this off-season; his lack of effort has become unbearable.

We as fans might have to accept that Barry has squeezed as much juice out of this group of players as he possibly can; there are some bright spots and a lot of dead wood. We knew coming into the season they were a flawed roster, and needed to upgrade several spots.

That's what makes even stupid losses like the Detroit game a bit more palatable, because I did not expect them to make the playoffs. They are not a well constructed team as Snow was a terrible GM.

We need to remember how bad we sucked last year, and how the team this season is 95% the same roster. A coach can only do so much with the material he is given, and Barry has done magic - but even he can't make diamonds out of shyte.

That said, it was cool to have the two MN boys both score tonight.
See I don’t think this roster is that bad, do they need talent up front definitely but the defense core is very good with upside and they have two very good goaltenders. They need a top player to play with Barzal and other middle top 9 forward to feel like they can contend for years.

replayer

Aug 3, 2005
I'm thinking about about getting a Calgary Tonelli Jersey

I had a Calgary JT jersey in the late 80s. When he went to the Kings I hadn't yet gotten one of the silver #27s but my dad had a friend at Coliseum security who brought the Flames jersey down to him in the locker room to sign when L.A. played the Islanders.

Graciously, he did, but I found out right there if I'd already had the Kings jersey that Gretzky was sitting next to him and the guard would have gotten him on the jersey too. Oh well!

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
See I don’t think this roster is that bad, do they need talent up front definitely but the defense core is very good with upside and they have two very good goaltenders. They need a top player to play with Barzal and other middle top 9 forward to feel like they can contend for years.
Not going to begin to speculate on all of that. Enjoying the ride right now. However, there is little doubt that it is going to be a very interesting summer.

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
Hockey gods evened this out after yday. That's how it happens sometimes.

Doomsday crowd can shut up for a night. Let's get that division crown.

Reactions: BTrotts19

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009

Don't disagree as far as the D, as Puls, Pel, Toews and Mayfield have progressed well, and IMO along with Lehner are the primary reasons the team is in such a good spot.

Its the forwards that are really weak; look at other teams like WPG, Nash, DC, etc., their first two lines are WAY beyond anything we can muster. We need to sign panarin, hoffman and maybe one or two other top flite scoring forwards to truly be a contending team.

Or Wahlstrom/Dobson or both, and maybe JHS need to make the kind of strides the young dmen made this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad