Post-Game Talk: #72| New York Islanders @ Minnesota Wild | March 17th | 6:00 PM | F/OTW 3-2

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
he's healthy, right? guessing that Trotz feels the same about him as he does Boychuk? he's ready, but he's gonna ride Griess until he starts to fade. it's good that both Johnny and Lehner are getting a rest.

as long as we're winning...

Trotz mentioned in his post game yesterday that B-chuk (before the injury) wasn’t at the top of his game. B-chuk looked better earlier, may be wearing down.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Well, can't say there have been many games we've stolen this year. This is the game in recent memory (which for me doesn't cover a long span of time as it is) that I felt like we didn't deserve a win that we got. I'll take it!

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Can someone define what "Evaluation Season" means if isn't an innuendo/excuse for being ok with not going on a deep playoff run? Cause I don't know how else to interpret it. Every GM, every year has to "evaluate" their current roster for the following year, so the fact that we are trying to figure out who should stick and who doesn't isn't something unique to our team. I only seem to hear "evaluation season" thrown around as an excuse when the team has an off night or plays bad.

New GM, new coach, new captain, several players headed to UFA. I'm pretty sure this evaluation you talk about that's done by everyone is just a little bit different under these circumstances. Not many teams have scenarios like this. I'm not saying it's never happened, but this is a far different scenario in terms of evaluation. I'm pretty sure that's what people are talking about.

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
I think a lot of this is perhaps just an argument over semantics and ambiguity of the term "evaluation season." I don't mean to ignore the circumstances of this particular season, but my issue with the "evaluation season" talk is it just seems like I only seem to hear it when the team loses, usually as an excuse. As long as you don't think this season is a fluke, we have all seen this team play like a first place team. So If they get bumped in the first round with a lack luster showing, I don't want to hear from the coach, players or the GM say that "well this was an evaluation season."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad