GDT: #72 ⋅ ANA @ SEA ⋅ 7:00 PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
You don't recall Cronin making the team do a full practice in the AM, fly out to their destination, and then play an actual game all within the same day.

There has to be a reason why we looked good in the past two games and everyone looked lethargic in this game. My thought is we might be fatigued because we played Sunday, maybe did a full practice yesterday, and then play today. That's three consecutive days in a row of pushing the body - which is more than two back-to-back games. We are lacking energy and it might be we're being pushed too much. It's that or Cronin has lost the team... maybe both.
Every team goes through this..No.more.excuses

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
So, Zegras is our best forward and IMO it's not particularly close. Good thing we locked him up long-term.

Terry and Killorn have zero chemistry with Carlsson.

SEA's announcers are major homers, which is to be expected, but surprisingly, they are also quite dumb. "Trade Z! Needs to be top 6! Maybe as a winger!" indicate they weren't paying attention at all.

Zellweger had like 5000 turnovers but that's probably Fowler's fault.

Props to SEA's defensemen for helping their goalie. Must be nice.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
So, Zegras is our best forward and IMO it's not particularly close. Good thing we locked him up long-term.

Terry and Killorn have zero chemistry with Carlsson.

SEA's announcers are major homers, which is to be expected, but surprisingly, they are also quite dumb. "Trade Z! Needs to be top 6! Maybe as a winger!" indicate they weren't paying attention at all.

Zellweger had like 5000 turnovers but that's probably Fowler's fault.

Props to SEA's defensemen for helping their goalie. Must be nice.

I’ve definitely noticed this trend with Forslund for sure. He’s always been excitable, but he’s practically turned into a caricature for long stretches, which is disappointing given that he’s absolutely one of the best PBP guys in the sport.

I’ve never cared for Eddie Olczyk at all and have found him to be a massive blowhard. I like JT Brown on a personal level, but I don’t think he adds much

Reactions: anezthes

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
It's a lost season, sure, whatever. But if we're still pulling these numbers next October/November, is Cronin the first HC of the season to get fired?

And if he is, could we please just hire an offensive-minded coach for once?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So I assume it’s not worth watching this 1….

Was hoping zegras would spark the team a bit….

But I guess gibsons negative energy was too much for us

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
It's a lost season, sure, whatever. But if we're still pulling these numbers next October/November, is Cronin the first HC of the season to get fired?

And if he is, could we please just hire an offensive-minded coach for once?

I would think so.

I don’t buy the whole ‘if everyone is healthy it will be better’, we are just not that talented. Doesn’t help that Cronin looks like a deer in the headlights

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
So I assume it’s not worth watching this 1….

Was hoping zegras would spark the team a bit….

But I guess gibsons negative energy was too much for us
1711556319451.jpeg

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’m willing to give Cronin next season. I’m indifferent on him right, don’t know if he’s good or bad.

The assistant coaches have got to go. Verbeek can’t fail there again
Kinda where I am…. But the correct assistant coaches could go a long way.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I’m willing to give Cronin next season. I’m indifferent on him right, don’t know if he’s good or bad.

The assistant coaches have got to go. Verbeek can’t fail there again

I'm over Cronin, but I'm sure he'll stay around for next season because he and Verbeek are of the same mind. Also, part of that reason is McIlvane hasn't shown much in the AHL this season.

PP coach Brown needs to be replaced. PK coach Thompson is odd because he started off great, but the performance decayed. Thompson probably needs to go too.

Ducks2023-24SpecialTeams
Game SetGamesPPGPPOPP Eff.PK GATSHPK Eff
Total723821417.8%7728973.4%
1 to 2525188122.2%2211080.0%
26 to 4924107114.1%229175.8%
50 to 621383522.9%164766.0%
63 to 72102277.4%174158.5%

I would think so.

I don’t buy the whole ‘if everyone is healthy it will be better’, we are just not that talented. Doesn’t help that Cronin looks like a deer in the headlights

We can use a top-pairing, defensive-minded RD to improve the PK as well as win more puck battles in the D-zone to give the team more offensive possessions. But since we're still developing so many young players (C Mac, C Carlsson, LD Minty, LD/RD LaCombe, LD/RD Zellweger, RD Luneau, and LW Cutter) next season, the focus should still be on developing all these young guns and then the summer of 2025 is when we figure out if we need a top pairing RD or not or more than that.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The latest installment from The Hockey News:

Though the final games of the season may seem meaningless in the standings, the team views it as an opportunity to continue building that culture, win as many games as possible, and begin training camp with something to build off.
“The last 15 games last year, we just wasted them and we didn’t get anything out of them,” said forward Ryan Strome after practice Saturday. “This year we’re going to challenge ourselves going forward because we have to put some building blocks down for next year and build some momentum toward the summer and next season.”

Three things I'd like to point out:
1. The defense was designed to fail by roster mgmt (Verbeek).
2. The bite that was traded away was never replaced by roster mgmt (Verbeek).
3. Strome comes off as not a leader despite being signed last off-season as a veteran who can help rebuild. He admits he mailed it in last year after the TDL even though he was signed to be part of that building block.

But why the last 10-games? I thought we were already laying down the building blocks since the start of the season? Was there an organizational wide memo to discredit last year despite this year being just as bad or worse?

• Haha
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Yet the coach who is supposedly all about accountability has spent all year benching no one for continued stupid penalties. ALL YEAR LONG. Ultimately that has to come back on the coach.
Thats because PV is the one making those decisions.. Not the coach.. Which is why I think the players probably are the way they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad