Post-Game Talk: #71: FLYERS 6 at Maple Leafs 7, Friday, Mar. 15, 2019, 7:00 p.m. ET

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
I don't know what's up with Ghost. He went from someone with swagger and a bit of cockiness with the puck on his stick to a player who seems terrified when anyone gets within 10 feet.

his skating looks so off to me. He used to have elite edges and spin moves to escape the forecheck, now its totally gone.

Reactions: Juicy Pop

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
they don't have anyone that challenges defenseman 1 on 1 with speed and skill. It's all boring ass cycle play. They get scoring chances from other teams making mistakes, not creating something out of nothing. How many control zone entries did Marner and Nylander create tonight by themselves? 10-15?

Every single Flyer forward that enters zone turn back every single time and not one will challenge the D. Mariner did it more tonight than any of our fwds all hear

Reactions: NicolasAubeKubel

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Never tell me how Hextall set this team up for success. Gordor, Hagg, and MacDonald are his parting gifts. Five years of dicking around because of that loser.

Also, don't tell me that this team can't match up with the Leafs' skill. That was a 13 goal game. Gostisbehere was so close to tying the game in the final seconds.

The Flyers were getting battered at the possession game--again! Their skill/ability to break their opponents' systems and score goals is what's been keeping them in games.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
they don't have anyone that challenges defenseman 1 on 1 with speed and skill. It's all boring ass cycle play. They get scoring chances from other teams making mistakes, not creating something out of nothing. How many control zone entries did Marner and Nylander create tonight by themselves? 10-15?

Love you, but disagree man.

There are skilled guys on this club. Not enough of them yes, but you saw two clearly different approaches to the game tonight.

Babcock had the Leafs playing a very different game than the Flyers.

Reactions: Tripod

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
High hockey iq is like when you go on a date and the girl has a nice personality. We have a lot of nice personalities in this organization and not enough sexiness.

yes but you're free of STDS, an empty bank account, and aggravation.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

Continued from game thread, I wasn't finished with this.

I hate Gordon
I hate Gudas
I hate Hag
I hate the Skid marks in my boxers
I hate the nugget that will never leave my butt crack even after 20 min in the shower with hot soap and cloth.

I hate Gordon's sketchers he wears
I hate his stupid suit, that stupid hair cut. That stupid pair of glasses.
I hate comcast
I hate this stupid freaking team and them never seeing what we do.
I hate Holmgren

Yes, let your hate flow through you.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I don't know what's up with Ghost. He went from someone with swagger and a bit of cockiness with the puck on his stick to a player who seems terrified when anyone gets within 10 feet.
He can't play his game anymore because he's lost at least a step and the league has gotten faster. They just eat him up every time.

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
Most of those stupid passes and turnovers and pick offs that you mentioned...

That's called Scott Gordon hockey. No support for defensemen on breakouts is his specialty.

Edit:

A lot of knee-jerk Gudas hate in this thread. Unnecessary imo.

I agree. Until Gordo decided to crazy glue him to Hagg, Gudas was having a solid year.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
while it wasn't all his fault, i hope that is the last time we ever see Elliott in the Flyers net.

from this point on, it's time to ride Hart with Talbot getting the occasional backup start. enough of this garbage already. Elliott won't be here next year, we aren't making the playoffs, there is absolutely no reason to keep playing him.

Reactions: BernieParent

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
High hockey iq is like when you go on a date and the girl has a nice personality. We have a lot of nice personalities in this organization and not enough sexiness.
High hockey IQ doesn't do you any good if you can't get to the puck, and when you have the puck and a faster player is immediately on you, and you don't have the speed to create space, your "IQ" is cut in half.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Columbus had SIX shots on goal in the last 40 minutes and won. Canes outshot them 46-20.

It’s been said before, but long term - them missing this season may be the best thing going forward.

There is too much risk of Gordon returning if they make the dance.

This club has been behind the times for a while. Enough. Bring in someone who knows where the game is going, and embraces talent above all else.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Columbus had SIX shots on goal in the last 40 minutes and won. Canes outshot them 46-20.
I guess it's just one of those days where everything goes against us. It was bound to happen. The hole we dug ourselves at the start of the season was too big.

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
Love you, but disagree man.

There are skilled guys on this club. Not enough of them yes, but you saw two clearly different approaches to the game tonight.

Babcock had the Leafs playing a very different game than the Flyers.

Dynamic skating+Skill? There aren't really. Voracek flashes, but lacks elite hockey sense. Couturier, Giroux, Patrick, Lindblom all have skill but lack dynamic skating ability. Konecny has the straight line speed but nowhere near the dynamic skating ability as guys like Marner and Nylander. Frost and Farabee will help forsure, but they need a dynamic F somehow.

trigzter

Feb 3, 2011
PA
while it wasn't all his fault, i hope that is the last time we ever see Elliott in the Flyers net.

from this point on, it's time to ride Hart with Talbot getting the occasional backup start. enough of this garbage already. Elliott won't be here next year, we aren't making the playoffs, there is absolutely no reason to keep playing him.
it was his fault though

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

Agree. Elliot better not even dress another game , and Morin better not be scratched again

Reactions: bauer

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't know what's worse, the game or the GDT/PGT :laugh: I have no clue how people manage to exaggerate a game that bad, but somehow they do it.

It was painful, it was sloppy, and it further exposed the key problems we have. The problem wasn't the whole roster or our core or team effort or team speed or or skill or any of that other garbage I'm seeing in here. There are a few very important things that need to change, but once those few fixes are made, this team isn't far away at all. I'm seeing a ton of bias being exposed in here, which isn't surprising either.

It's also exposing a lot of people here didn't watch Phantoms games under Gordon. We're seeing the exact same problems here that we complained about him causing down there.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
You are no different. Do you think you rip the **** players like Hagg as much as you do Ghost or Sanheim?

Then you call it being impartial.
I'm perfectly willing to criticize Hagg and do. I criticize every player on the team. E.g. I said Couturier had an awful game tonight, which he did, and he's my favorite player on the team. I called out Hagg for making an idiotic play with his glove. I praised Elliott for his play early, and then said two goals he gave up were awful. Last night I praised Ghost for his defensive play that led to a goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad