Post-Game Talk: #71: FLYERS 6 at Maple Leafs 7, Friday, Mar. 15, 2019, 7:00 p.m. ET

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Yup, that's the key. Their skill guys can fly, which is just a deadly combo. The Flyers' skill guys are slow, relatively speaking (as is the rest of their team in comparison to the league).

Man, Ghost had as good of a chance as you could hope for with a tick left on the clock.

ghost almost put that in, anderson made a good save.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Ghost had the tie on his stick. Half the net was open.

Too bad. That probably does is for the playoffs. Columbus winning may have been a better scenario with the loss, given they play the Canes twice more down the stretch.

Reactions: TheKingPin

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
JVR has 3 goals against his former team and we still lost.

We really need a veteran defenseman to lead the kids on D. They're not good enough on their own.

the forward group is slow as f*** and can't challenge defenseman 1 on 1 at all. They just skated us all night. The caps did the same thing the night before. It's a slow forward group

Reactions: Jtown

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
JvR with 24 goals? Still can get to 30 even though he's missed a lot of games. Guess that he's going to get what was expected.

Reactions: AdamParrot

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
They made stupid passes and turnovers, they kept trying to go cross ice and it kept getting picked off. The one puck went off Hogg’s glove and yet it’s all Elliot’s fault?

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
The upside side of not making the playoffs is hopefully the organization goes out and gets the players/coaches that the team needs, the amount of talent and youth on this team can spell success with the right pieces, being even more positive if they do get a legit coach and they have a good system down, fix the slow start of the season amd games, this team always comes alive in the second half, like I said with the right pieces they could be dangerous

Reactions: Vikke

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
the forward group is slow as **** and can't challenge defenseman 1 on 1 at all. They just skated us all night. The caps did the same thing the night before. It's a slow forward group
I think it's the entire team. They're all slow. That's the team Hextall built. Slow and boring two way players.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
the forward group is slow as **** and can't challenge defenseman 1 on 1 at all. They just skated us all night. The caps did the same thing the night before. It's a slow forward group

It’s been mentioned before, but I do think a part of that is the way they play. No, they don’t have a lot of guys who are burners - but I don’t buy they are as slow as they looked the last two.

They do have trouble with speedy clubs, but most teams do. That’s the modern NHL, need to embrace that style of play.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The way Matthews, marner, Nylander, had our dmen bending just makes you wish we had just 1 guy capable of that.
This times 1 million. Why I clamored from the start of the season they needed to add a dynamic forward and why early on I said I'd be willing to trade Ghost for Nylander.

Reactions: renberg and Akanon

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Exciting game? Yes. Promising? Not really. Not many bright spots. Our D is still young and has to keep learning a lot for years, but some trash utilization and mistakes by practically every one of them (some had more, some had less) did us really no favor today

The thing that sucks about this game was the hope... A promise, only to be broken by soft goals, bad plays and turtling. Not like its the first time I have seen it in 289 games

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
The Flyers were thoroughly outplayed despite the three goal lead. The Leafs could've hung a 10 spot tonight.

I feel bad for Giroux and Voracek. They've been dicked around by bad management for the better part of their primes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad