Post-Game Talk: #71: FLYERS 6 at Maple Leafs 7, Friday, Mar. 15, 2019, 7:00 p.m. ET

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Toronto is missing two defensemen and one of its fastest forwards and they skated circles around us.

Marner is an absolute wizard and exposed why Hagg-Gudas cannot be a pair in today's NHL.

Rielly probably doesn't get enough credit for his defensive work, he was a monster, breaking up a lot of plays and sending the puck the other way. Our coach should teach our defensemen to play that way.

Reactions: Albus Dumbledore

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
JVR was +5

We out hit Toronto.....

I thought Toronto dominated the board play, even if the hits were indeed in the Flyers favour.

It’s iust a club that’s used to playing aggressive hockey, and the Flyers for years were the exact opposite of that. They badly need a coach who is going to emphasize a puck possession/attacking style of play.

Reactions: Tripod

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I mean it doesn't mean anything...but ESPN has Myers listed as playing RW...did he ?

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
That’s another season of pissing away Giroux’s career.

Frustrating, but this franchise did it to themselves this year. Continuously made stupid decisions to send out incompetent staff/players.
That’s what happens when you get owners that know little to nothing about hockey and keep incompetent people in the front office that make poor coaching hires that leads to even more incompetents.

Reactions: Jtown

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
They made stupid passes and turnovers, they kept trying to go cross ice and it kept getting picked off. The one puck went off Hogg’s glove and yet it’s all Elliot’s fault?

Most of those stupid passes and turnovers and pick offs that you mentioned...

That's called Scott Gordon hockey. No support for defensemen on breakouts is his specialty.

Edit:

A lot of knee-jerk Gudas hate in this thread. Unnecessary imo.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
jvr as much as i hate him, is probably the best in the league in a single category. He is dynamite in front of the net.
He scores TONs of clutch goals as well. Wish the leafs had the money to re sign him.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
i rather keep ghost , but this team needs to add a speed skill guy and not any more of these high iq hockey guys
Ghost is so slow now for the type of game he plays (not side to side; he's still agile), and turns it over so much, if he's the guy who still has the trade value to get a high speed/skill guy (and he may not be anymore) than I don't think twice.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I don't know what's up with Ghost. He went from someone with swagger and a bit of cockiness with the puck on his stick to a player who seems terrified when anyone gets within 10 feet.

Reactions: TheKingPin

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
It’s been mentioned before, but I do think a part of that is the way they play. No, they don’t have a lot of guys who are burners - but I don’t buy they are as slow as they looked the last two.

They do have trouble with speedy clubs, but most teams do. That’s the modern NHL, need to embrace that style of play.

they don't have anyone that challenges defenseman 1 on 1 with speed and skill. It's all boring ass cycle play. They get scoring chances from other teams making mistakes, not creating something out of nothing. How many control zone entries did Marner and Nylander create tonight by themselves? 10-15?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Of all the trash we have had to watch last few years, Haag, Farmer, Weise , VDV and so on.

Watching Gudas and Haag May be the worst as a pair. Definition of dinosaur hockey and they get exposed game after game after game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad