Post-Game Talk: #70| FLYERS 2 at Devils 6 | Thurs., March 16, 2017 | Injury update: Mason (post #1)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Weise is definitely a better value pick for Vegas if they think he'll get back to being a 20+ point player. When he was signed I only expected him to be here for a year because of the ED.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
In the expansion draft, they have to take a player from each team right?

Yes, but then there are these weird little rules like if Las Vegas signs somebody like MDZ, that actually counts as our player taken.

So while we are all hung up on who's protected and not, LV might sign Weal and that's their player from our organization.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
As far as "giving up," they were flat (think they got too up for Pittsburgh, and had trouble getting up for the Devils the next night) until they were down 3-1, turned on the jets after it was 3-2, were dominating the game and only deflated after the 4th goal (bad pinch by Schultz, bad defense by Ghost) and Mason leaving the game.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yeah, the defense on the 4th goal was not good. Schultz was channeling Manning with that pinch.

Yes, but then there are these weird little rules like if Las Vegas signs somebody like MDZ, that actually counts as our player taken.

So while we are all hung up on who's protected and not, LV might sign Weal and that's their player from our organization.

Or Mason.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
This team is a joke and this franchise has become one to. It's killing my will to watch these ****** teams.

I understand it's a rebuild and hexy has been preaching patience, but it's just not even worth watching anymore.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This team is a joke and this franchise has become one to. It's killing my will to watch these ****** teams.

I understand it's a rebuild and hexy has been preaching patience, but it's just not even worth watching anymore.

They've been this bad before, it's just that y'all got spoiled by the Flyers having a lot of money in pre-cap days, so they could buy their way out of deep holes.

This is the reality of a salary cap, no easy fixes.

Phlllies dealing with the same problem, big salaries, no farm system, they should have started the rebuild in 2013, not 2015. But the arrow is pointing up and they should be competitive in 2018.

Maybe Hextall should have blown it up with some mega-trades, but I'm not sure fans would have been any happier. As bad as this year has been, this is the bottom, the kids start arriving in numbers next year. From now on, there should be 3-4 new players every season.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Any word on the extent of Mason's injury?

If the official report is that Mason's injury was cramping, chalk it up as yet another questionable incident regarding Mason and his personality.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC

Exactly. Entertainment is what we watch for first and next to afew guys like Provy, Gudas there is nothing fun to watch.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hak hates Mason. That's why Mason has 99 starts with a .912 SV% under him and Neuvirth has 51 starts at .910.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

Except we scored two beauty of a goals, but whatever girds your loins.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Except we scored two beauty of a goals, but whatever girds your loins.

Did we? Hard to notice when your getting 6 scored on you and getting outplayed by an ahl caliber devils team that has lost 10 straight games

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Maroon forced his way out of the organization with his behavior, can't even blame that on Holmgren.

Hopefully Allison will turn out to be a more talented, and more stable version of Maroon.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
So Maroon finally had 1 good year at age 28 and I think he's playing with McDavid.

Do we not see the correlation? lol

If he's not playing with McDavid, he has to be playing with Draisitl.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Maroon forced his way out of the organization with his behavior, can't even blame that on Holmgren.

Hopefully Allison will turn out to be a more talented, and more stable version of Maroon.

Please. What took in place in Adirondack with Maroon falls 100% on Greg Gilbert. Gilbert called out Jon Kalinski, Pat Maroon and Stefan Legein after a game. Gilbert proceeded to rip and tear on the kids and then threatened Maroon and challenged him to a fist fight. Maroon didn't fight, but did the right thing by walking out of the locker room. Yet, it was Maroon that was sent home and Gilbert coached another few months until he was fired. Why? Simple - John Paddock saved Greg Gilbert because Paddock was the guy who recommended Gilbert get the job in Adirondack. That's what happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad