Prospect Info: #70 - Carter Mazur (LW)

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
For reference, Bert was over a PPG player in his +1 season and put up 43 goals and 98 points in his +2 season in the CHL. He is the exception with our NA prospects, not the rule.
If you extrapolated Nate's +1 season as if he played the entire season in Portland, he'd put up 93 points. It's great to see the offense come along.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Have you looked at Guentzal's AHL stats? He spent 3 years in college, not 2 like Carter but 48 pts in 42 games before he got called up.

Kind of at same phase on his AHL career now, as 21-year old Guentzel at his 1st AHL season. Mazur is 21y now.

If next season for Mazur is AHL-->NHL breakout season, their careers are identical with raising levels.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Why do you use Guentzel as a measuring stick? That guy never played with someone worse than Crosby or Malkin. No clue how good he actually is.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Why do you use Guentzel as a measuring stick? That guy never played with someone worse than Crosby or Malkin. No clue how good he actually is.
Mazur just reminds me of Guenztel. A good fiesty little player who is a better goalscorer than he was expected to be.

Not saying Carter's ever going to score 40. But's he's going to be a very good player.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Non-Wings fan here in peace: Hope Mazur gets a chance very soon.

Additionally, how big are the Wings in Jackson? Jackson always strikes me as a football/baseball type town, so unsure how big the hockey following is there and in Southern Michigan in general.

Reactions: lgrws91

lgrws91

Jun 14, 2023
Non-Wings fan here in peace: Hope Mazur gets a chance very soon.

Additionally, how big are the Wings in Jackson? Jackson always strikes me as a football/baseball type town, so unsure how big the hockey following is there and in Southern Michigan in general.
I'm with u I hope he gets a chance soon my man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad