Prospect Info: #70 - Carter Mazur (LW)

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
This could be a sneaky good overage pick. Went from 13 pts in 44 games in his draft year to 44 in 47 his D+1. USHL isn't the best league but still a sizeable improvement.

These picks are all just lottery tickets anyway.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I like what I am seeing. Drafting an overager means we probably scouted him last year too and it’s not a complete shot in the dark like many prospects this year. Although they maybe they should’ve selected him last year instead of Keenan Draper.

Reactions: avssuc

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
This draft year is supposed to suck anyway, so I'm not too surprised.

It may not be great, but there is still a lot of talent on the board, Simon Robertsson for example was a consensus 1st rounder who had a poor showing at the U18. It'll be interesting to see how the two develop because Robertsson went with the very next pick after Mazur.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I like what I am seeing. Drafting an overager means we probably scouted him last year too and it’s not a complete shot in the dark like many prospects this year. Although they maybe they should’ve selected him last year instead of Keenan Draper.

Tri-City Storm at eliteprospects.com

Last year he looked very poor.

They talked how he took a HUGE step this year.

After 8 years we'll see how all these Draper reaches failed totally and how Håkan Andersson did bring the Golden era back to Detroit with his European gems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad