Prospect Info: #70 - Carter Mazur (LW)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
You guys are so good at letting 1 comment absolutely derail a thread.

I could care less how valuable you think bottom 6 forwards are.

Let’s talk about Mazur’s game and why he could or couldn’t become a top 6 forward. Personally I think top 6 is in his range of outcomes. I think he could be a really good complementary player in your top 6 like Tyler Bertuzzi was for us. I think he has a good shot, good scoring instincts, and anticipates the play really well.

Last edited:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
For reference, Bert was over a PPG player in his +1 season and put up 43 goals and 98 points in his +2 season in the CHL. He is the exception with our NA prospects, not the rule.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
If Wings were to draft a line of players from 3rd-5th round that rival the likes of prime McCarty-Draper-Maltby line, would that be HUGE?

What if Mazur becomes 1/3 of that impact line?

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Scoring a lot lately. No ones really mentioning how well he's done lately. Just thought I'd bump this.

Reactions: HoweFan

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
Mazur is more likely Fabbri's replacement.

2024 Perron out, Berggren in
2025 Fabbri out, Mazur in
I’d call those both upgrades since Fabbri can’t stay healthy or consistent for a full season and Perron is old and slow now

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Not really, he has 6 in his last 10 in 25 games with 15 points. He's literally been scoring at his seasonal pace.

?

" Alot lately" has some relevance.

6 is the last 10 is a lot of scoring, but, 6 in his last 8 is even more since he started scoring consistently. He walked into this season hurt.

Just so you grasp it. He played 17 games prior, and only scored 4 goals.

So... " Not really" is just, a wild response.

Last edited:

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Carter got his 10th goal tonight but GR winning streak stopped at 5
Yeah I watched.

I was really rooting for and pimping up Amedeus Lombardi in the offseason but dang he looked bad last night, so did Marco Kasper, and I don't think either guy is playing top minutes, they looked sheltered... Disappointing.

Oct 18, 2006
Another G+A tonight.

31 points in 47 games this season, including 9 in the past 6.

His trajectory is very similar to Bertuzzi.

I could see him becoming a 20-20 guy at NHL level.

Crunchy

Jan 27, 2020
Another G+A tonight.

31 points in 47 games this season, including 9 in the past 6.

His trajectory is very similar to Bertuzzi.

I could see him becoming a 20-20 guy at NHL level.
Also considered for best defensive forward of the year in college last year.

You have a 20/20 guy who's good on D and good on PK who can play on the PP as a realistic outcome, with a chance for some additional upside.

I'll take that in the 3rd round.

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
if something super mundane if relatively uncommon like getting a regular bottom 6 guy in the 3rd would qualify as "huge" then what do you even call something like getting a Zetterberg in the 7th?

when you overuse superlatives you run out of room to differentiate these things and you just sound ridiculous
I do appreciate that bottom 6 players are relatively easy to find, although the quality certainly varies quite a bit. That said, the percentage of players that manage to play even a handful of games in the NHL after the 2nd round is in the single digits. Thus, when you draft a helm in 5th round and he plays for years, I would call that a huge get in the 5th. So, if carter somehow does so as a third would that at least be big, big? (According to the Pixies big, big = gigantic, by the way.) Now I'm personally undecided if huge is truly a superlative. Obviously, big, bigger, biggest is easy, but I think huge is just a comparative. To wit, it only has value/meaning relative to the comparison. "Oh my god that's a huge wasp!", one might say and yet it would be a tiny eagle. Therefore, in conclusion I do believe a relatively mundane common nhl player can be a huge get depending on when he was taken.
P.S.
Personally, I am not yet ready to say any of this about carter, but thanks for listening.

Reactions: OldnotDeadWings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad