Post-Game Talk: #70: Capitals at FLYERS, Thursday, Mar. 14, 2019, 7:00 p.m. ET

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
This stretch that the Flyers are losing their way through has at least two silver linings: (a) it has shown that Gordon should not be the next full time HC and (2) some major roster adjustments need to be made. This team as it is right now can not compete with the better teams in the league.
A competent new HC will install a better system of play. One that will take advantage of the skill that is on the roster and avoid putting certain players into situations where they are going to fail. As I watch this club, I'm not really sure what I see out on the ice at times. Ex.- what really is Provorov? Is he what we originally saw with him or has he failed to keep up with the game as a top line defenseman? He's looked better under Wilson's guidance which leads me to believe that, like several other young Flyers, he is a solid talent that needs to be put into a system where his and their talents can be better used.
Its tough for the young guys to excel night after night. They're going to have games like the recent ones where they really are playing boys against men. Go back to when you were 22 years old or so and had to go up against guys who were five to ten years older than you. If they didn't beat you with their physicality, they'd get you with their experience. These young Flyers really need better coaching and a system to play that benefits them. Hopefully we'll have that here by this fall.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Anybody here go to the Caps game?
Was it me, or were there a lot of Caps fans there...well more than usual?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad