GDT: #70 ⋅ CHI @ ANA ⋅ 7:00 PM PDT

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
after looking at it a bit, I don’t think it’s going to be devastating or anything. But wouldn’t surprise me if they just shut him down even if he would be able to return.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Pretty much this. Our big prize for being a bitch ass tank team last year can't ever stay in the lineup.

Pat Verbeek Will Not Rush Prospects, Aug 2nd, 2023 NHL.com article:

"Patience is going to be required from everybody -- from myself, from the coaching staff and even from our fans," general manager Pat Verbeek said this week while scouting the World Junior Summer Showcase at USA Hockey Arena.
"They're good prospects. They just need time to grow, time to mature. They're so young. It's not an easy league.
"As I told some of these guys, 'Listen, skill-wise and probably thinking-wise, you can play in the NHL. But strength-wise and speed-wise, you can't, so those are the things that you've got to really get after in the summertime to make sure you're ready for the NHL.'"

Guess Verbeek didn't take his own sound advice.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Yah Carlson's length strength needs to be worked on during the summer. Hopefully the kids ok. It sucks

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
That was my thought. Wasn’t sure if strome was that good of of Vlasic was just as bad at fighting as he is at not running into people with his legs.
Strome is just reckless when he fights and I think that intimidates guys who don't do it usually. Like Kunitz - he only fought when he was mad and it made a difference.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Pretty much. With how this season has gone I mostly only watch the games that Carlsson plays.
Meh. I still watch to track the progress of all the young guys. Though, I would be very upset if this had long term ramifications to Leo's development and would have a selfish level of butthurt if all three Ducks (NHL) games I go to this year have missed Leo in the lineup.

I technically went to his first "game" in a Ducks jersey but I don't count a rookie tourney as a real game.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
carlsson needs to be shut down for the season

no point in risking further injury in meaningless games. hopefully he puts on some strength in the offseason

• Haha
Reactions: LuGBuG and Kalv

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
Accident or not, if someone went knee on knee to Bedard, you’d know that would be at least 5 and a game
Not to mention 3 articles and 2 podcasts calling for the offenders head on the athletic

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Leason seems to be finding his groove which is cool to see.
Leo getting hurt is poopoo.
Strome punching someone in the face is something i didnt expect to see.
Noname with his 1st(?) shutout is nice.
Leason was fine all season… the fact that he got made an example of is insane.

So it seems carlsson was sacrificed so zegras can return. This is a really unlucky season

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00