GDT: #7: Golden Knights at FLYERS, Monday, Oct. 21, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I mean, Couturier and Giroux have arguably been two of the best ~10 fwds at EV in the entire NHL over the last two seasons.

"Crazy good" is a bit more extreme.

Let's face it, Giroux and Couts are top flight players, but they don't make your heart stop every time they touch the puck.
I'd say they're highly efficient (much like Stone) rather than "crazy good."

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
These people get paid millions of dollars to make the decisions we said they should make.
I really doubt Fletcher and co are putting in solid eight-hour work days analyzing, planning how to improve the team. More likely they're lapping up business lunches and napping under the desk.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Need Hayes' face on this gif.
View attachment 266881

I'm too lazy and emotionally drained to do that, but here's something.

JuDSTOh.gif

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
This team would look a lot different with Couturier, Hayes, Patrick, Laughton as our center lineup instead of Couturier, Hayes, Laughton, Raffl.
Patrick being hurt ruined our bottom 6.
maybe we should've gotten a 4c who can be our 13th forward instead of stewart so that if injuries happen we have the depth. Instead we are now putting raffl out there and are forced to play stewie AND twarynski. both probably don't belong..

Might as well put Giroux back at center until patrick comes back because we aren't getting any production from out bottom 6.

lindblom-couts-tk
jvr-giroux-farabee
raffl-hayes-voracek
twarynski-laughton-pitlick

Reactions: TheKingPin

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Kid better not dare make a mistake or hit some posts again.

if it's anything like hakstol's era..one mistake and he is will be a healthy scratch for a few games because its always better to watch a lazy/old/fat/less-skilled/unreliable veteran who makes more mistakes than a rookie than to play hockey

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
You know what scares me? The fact that some people might stand up for Hagg because he has the highest +/- on the team :(

Reactions: Striiker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You know what scares me? The fact that some people might stand up for Hagg because he has the highest +/- on the team :(

Well, he does have a 54.72 CF% and a 60.14 xGF%.
Even his CFrel ain't bad -0.19, though his xGFrel of -3.49 is worst among D-men, as it should be for the #6 defenseman.
Ghost has the best metrics among defensemen, obviously Hagg has been carrying him. :sarcasm:

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
One less piece of trash in the lineup...........hopefully. With our luck, we’ll find out Jake is hurt and Stewart is staying in

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Would the idea of Giroux back at center be a bad idea? Until Patrick is healthy.

Lindblom -- Giroux -- Konecny
Farabee -- Couturier -- Voracek
JVR -- Hayes -- Pitlick
Raffl -- Laughton -- Twarynski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad