GDT: #7: Golden Knights at FLYERS, Monday, Oct. 21, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Common sense.

Myers wasn't ready, are we forgetting that he was gifted the #6 spot and screwed the pooch? This isn't a guy who had to win a job, just not lose it.
Farabee and Frost are 19 and 20, both are undersized, both have no pro experience. Starting in the AHL isn't the worst thing in the world.
Rubtsov started this year with 30 pro games under his belt and missing more than a full season due to injury, don't forget, he's only 21.

They'll all be up at some point, probably within the next month or two if they continue to play this well (beware of SSS performances, why do the same people who complain about Twarynski and Bunnaman making the team off SSS performances in camp against NHL players accept SSS performances against AHL players as proof that the top prospects are NHL ready?).

It's not like this team is getting outskated and outshot night after night.
Right now they're in a funk, from the goalie to the top 7 forwards.
AV noted that his stress on defense may have them playing a bit tentative, that's normal with a new scheme, think too much and you'll be half a stride behind, the only cure is to play through to the point where it becomes second nature.

Myers is better than Haag and makes the team better now

Last edited by a moderator:

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
This team would look a lot different with Couturier, Hayes, Patrick, Laughton as our center lineup instead of Couturier, Hayes, Laughton, Raffl.
Patrick being hurt ruined our bottom 6.

Nah. Even with him we still have absolute trash filling our fourth line, a 3rd line wing, and half of every D pair. We’re still banking on a 21 year old sophomore with no NHL starting experience to carry us. That’s best case scenario with Patrick playing well and ignoring that I think our assistant coaches are recycled trash. If Patrick doesn’t play to expectations, which would be a very real possibility, we still have Hayes playing above his capabilities in the lineup.

It’s not like Patrick being injury prone is a new thing either, that’s something they should’ve prepared for. I also refuse to believe any teams season completely relied on a player with similar production and upside to Kevin Hayes at his best.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them win this one.

At some point the horrible luck has to turn... they’re doing everything other than scoring and our top players are crazy good.

Just a matter of time. They can carry this team and win games in spite of all the sabotage, stupidity, and bad players that surround them. Not every single game, because no players can do that, but definitely for stretches. I have faith in them, as everyone who’s been paying attention the last few years should.

Reactions: flyersNducks

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them win this one.

At some point the horrible luck has to turn... they’re doing everything other than scoring and our top players are crazy good.

Just a matter of time. They can carry this team and win games in spite of all the sabotage, stupidity, and bad players that surround them. Not every single game, because no players can do that, but definitely for stretches. I have faith in them, as everyone who’s been paying attention the last few years should.

When did we add McDavid, Kucherov, Hedman, Karlsson et al?

Hyperbole city, Batman!

Reactions: marcsson68

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Because Morin coming in takes Stewie out and adds Farabee. These dunces want a knuckle dragger vs Reaves, well Morin accomplishes that while removing the worst skater in the nhl.
Yeah, let’s throw Morin in as a 6th D against a good team for his 9th career NHL game for the purpose of getting beaten to a pulp by Reaves when the Flyers have only conceded 38 shots in the last 2 games with their current D.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Yeah, let’s throw Morin in as a 6th D against a good team for his 9th career NHL game for the purpose of getting beaten to a pulp by Reaves when the Flyers have only conceded 38 shots in the last 2 games with their current D.

Farabee >>>>>>>>>>>> Stewart , Morin at worst = Haag for a team struggling to score. Nice try tho

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Nah. Even with him we still have absolute trash filling our fourth line, a 3rd line wing, and half of every D pair. We’re still banking on a 21 year old sophomore with no NHL starting experience to carry us. That’s best case scenario with Patrick playing well and ignoring that I think our assistant coaches are recycled trash. If Patrick doesn’t play to expectations, which would be a very real possibility, we still have Hayes playing above his capabilities in the lineup.

It’s not like Patrick being injury prone is a new thing either, that’s something they should’ve prepared for. I also refuse to believe any teams season completely relied on a player with similar production and upside to Kevin Hayes at his best.
Well, our bottom 6 is still a work in progress. I expect Farabee to be called up in the near future. Then we have Patrick, Farabee and JVR on our 3rd line, which also gives us more than enough options for our 4th line.

Half of our D is "absolute trash"? Provorov, Ghost, and Sanheim aren't trash. Niskanen has been our best defenseman so far and Braun has been ok. Nobody likes Hagg, but he's been fine so far.

Hayes is a capable top 6 player. How is him centering our 2nd line playing above his capabilities? He's a 50 point center.

The constant exaggerations on this board are tiresome.

Reactions: marcsson68

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Need Hayes' face on this gif.
tenor-9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad