GDT: #7: FLYERS 3 at Blue Jackets 6, Thursday, Oct. 18, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Maybe Hextall believes we're just one Jonathan Quick away from winning the Stanley Cup. We better hope Hart is a truly special goalie.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what he believes. I'm just hoping he has enough flexibility in him to make adjustments. Or just fire ****ing Hakstok, that would be good enough for me. I hate this mother****er.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah im not sure how many more of these performances Simple Hak can survive.

75 more.

tenor.gif

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Yeah im not sure how many more of these performances Simple Hak can survive.

He’s good till at least the offseason.

When your GM is as arrogant as ours, he won’t admit his error.

Coaches and Goalies he gets a “F”. HAs to Be embarrassing to a cocky f*** like him.

Reactions: Rebels57

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
The way I see it is to become good we need.

1. A new system (comes with a new coach & pk coach)
2. Two new defenders
3. Two better goalies (well atleast one starter)

And then we are set

So... we are kinda f’ed in other words

So besides getting out of cap hell, flyers are still in the same spot from when hextall stepped in.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
He has to be the only coach in the league that will turn a healthy scratch into a defenseman pushing 20 minutes a night. Did it with MacDonald. Did it with Manning. Did it with Folin.
Don't forget his original, Michael Del Zotto. Could be a healthy scratch two games in a row, then play 25 minutes the next night.

I've known he was a ****ing idiot since then. And that was a long time ago.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Don't forget his original, Michael Del Zotto. Could be a healthy scratch two games in a row, then play 25 minutes the next night.

I've known he was a ****ing idiot since then. And that was a long time ago.

Or when he'd treat VDV, who wasn't/isn't even an AHL caliber player, as TK's equal or even superior.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I love how the best players get excused from awful games.

Another meh effort from Ghost - Provorov, better than the last few games but still too many sloppy mistakes.
Voracek was awful, a "MacDonald" special that almost led to one goal, over skated the puck that lead to the last goal, didn't get back and was partially responsible for another goal.

TK played a great game except for his mindfart where Weise took one point man and TK just froze in the center of the ice, covering slush.
Lindblom - Weal - TK were hands down our best line, and you can see how good they'll be when Patrick returns and gets into a groove.
Problem is what to do with Weal, he showed he should never be on a checking line, defensively he's a black hole, 3rd line center? Vorobyev 4C?

Sanheim had a wide open shot, passed, Giroux had a wide open shot, passed resulting in a rush the other way and a goal, Simmonds had a wide open shot, pass deflected, rush other way for a goal - SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK when you're within 15 feet with a wide open shot.

Hagg - Folin had a bad game but they weren't responsible for most of the goals scored when they were on the ice. Team effort. Folin had that really bad moment but your goalie has to make that play.

Trade Simmonds while he still has value, he simply shouldn't be on the ice at ES, he's that bad, can't pass, can't puck handle, his skating has fallen off, stick a fork in him. Unfortunately, until JVR returns we need to keep Simmonds around for the PP1.

Lehtera - Knight were fine for the 6 minutes they played at ES, just give them something better at LW than Weise, say Raffl? Knight had a great pass to Raffl.

And of course, Pickard actually makes me want to see Elliott back in goal.

You wanted wide open hockey? This is what it looks like when you have Elliott/Pickard and the other team has Bob.
At least "boring" hockey gave us a shot at beating MAF.

By the way, Sanheim was 3rd in ES minutes at 17:06 and TK was 4th among forwards at 14:39 - they don't get more time b/c PP2 sucks.
Folin, Hagg and Gudas played close to 2 minutes on 2 PKs and gave up zero goals.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I love how the best players get excused from awful games.

Another meh effort from Ghost - Provorov, better than the last few games but still too many sloppy mistakes.
Voracek was awful, a "MacDonald" special that almost led to one goal, over skated the puck that lead to the last goal, didn't get back and was partially responsible for another goal.

TK played a great game except for his mindfart where Weise took one point man and TK just froze in the center of the ice, covering slush.
Lindblom - Weal - TK were hands down our best line, and you can see how good they'll be when Patrick returns and gets into a groove.
Problem is what to do with Weal, he showed he should never be on a checking line, defensively he's a black hole, 3rd line center? Vorobyev 4C?

Sanheim had a wide open shot, passed, Giroux had a wide open shot, passed resulting in a rush the other way and a goal, Simmonds had a wide open shot, pass deflected, rush other way for a goal - SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK when you're within 15 feet with a wide open shot.

Hagg - Folin had a bad game but they weren't responsible for most of the goals scored when they were on the ice. Team effort. Folin had that really bad moment but your goalie has to make that play.

Trade Simmonds while he still has value, he simply shouldn't be on the ice at ES, he's that bad, can't pass, can't puck handle, his skating has fallen off, stick a fork in him. Unfortunately, until JVR returns we need to keep Simmonds around for the PP1.

Lehtera - Knight were fine for the 6 minutes they played at ES, just give them something better at LW than Weise, say Raffl? Knight had a great pass to Raffl.

And of course, Pickard actually makes me want to see Elliott back in goal.

You wanted wide open hockey? This is what it looks like when you have Elliott/Pickard and the other team has Bob.
At least "boring" hockey gave us a shot at beating MAF.

By the way, Sanheim was 3rd in ES minutes at 17:06 and TK was 4th among forwards at 14:39 - they don't get more time b/c PP2 sucks.
Folin, Hagg and Gudas played close to 2 minutes on 2 PKs and gave up zero goals.

Sanheim was facing a Bob who had the angle perfectly covered, his pass to Voracek was a very good move. Voracek had open net and he hit iron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad