GDT: [#7] Dallas Stars @ Buffalo Sabres , 2:00 PM CST (FS-SW) DEFCON 2 (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
How is it not a problem? Wasting time and money on a 34 year old ineffective Pavelski when we need better forwards, acquiring Cogliano and Comeau, who don't do anything other than eat cap and a roster spot, and wasting time with a broken Corey Perry?

It's totally a problem. Not the number one problem, but one that is definitely part of the whole mess.

I would guess that if they completely blow it this road trip, then Nill will be fired.
Better forwards don’t grow on trees. I mean if they didn’t draft so garbage they wouldn’t have to go sign risky vets to fill in the holes. Just reality though- for that reason I don’t have a problem with the vet signings.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Better forwards don’t grow on trees. I mean if they didn’t draft so garbage they wouldn’t have to go sign risky vets to fill in the holes. Just reality though- for that reason I don’t have a problem with the vet signings.

I would rather let kids play in the NHL and accept that some of them might not make it a full year than watch broken veterans have their jerseys pandered to casual boxscore watchers. And there are always better forwards than hollow shells available.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I was willing to give Pavs a free pass to start the season, but he looks useless

Average skater, average puck handler, average shot, average passer, great at tipping pucks. He's awesome in front of the net so it's a good thing our coaches have him constantly wandering around the dots on the PP.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
I would call up a few scrubs and bench Benn, Seguin, Radulov and Klingberg next game. Then when the media asks why they are all scratched, say “we need to win some games, and are lineup tonight is the best chance to win”

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
I would rather let kids play in the NHL and accept that some of them might not make it a full year than watch broken veterans have their jerseys pandered to casual boxscore watchers. And there are always better forwards than hollow shells available.
Maybe- but you’d be picking 7-10 every year again. You’d be the Minnesota Wild. At least we tried.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Surprised no one mentions Seguin anymore. He looks and plays like he's in his mid 30s too

Yeah he used to be explosive and a scary 1 on 1 player. Now he's been neutered into a grinder who sets up for one timers on the dot.

Hintz and Miro at the moment are the only two players who can create offense on their own.

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
I would call up a few scrubs and bench Benn, Seguin, Radulov and Klingberg next game. Then when the media asks why they are all scratched, say “we need to win some games, and are lineup tonight is the best chance to win”

Not happening, but could you imagine if Nill and Monty has the stones to scratch even one? Woah, that would send a message.

Reactions: badboy1994

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Shots from the blueline are not really scoring chances anymore these days and thats the main weapon the Stars use for some reason.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Last season the defenseman actually moved up from the point and didn't stay at the blueline. From the blueline nobody scores anymore.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
There's a reason almost all of our goals this season have come off the rush.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I actually turned this back on to watch Buffalo take a steaming pile on this team. I want to watch it so I have context for the fallout.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Dump and chase and if they get the puck they pass to the blueline for a completely harmless shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad