GDT: [#7] Dallas Stars @ Buffalo Sabres , 2:00 PM CST (FS-SW) DEFCON 2 (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Ugly. Question is if you try to blow it up can you even do that yet? Who's going to take Benn? Pavelski? Sure they can probably move Comeau, Cogs, or Faska, but I think even that won't happen till closer to December. If they fire Montgomery, like they should, who would they hire? Laxdell? Is that an improvement?
No point in a revolving door at this point. And don't forget they were one game away from the finals last year with pretty much the same lineup

cizko

Feb 10, 2009
This was the first game I've watched this season, but if effort and competition were positive signs taken from this game, we are in trouble.

And what happened to Klingberg, I hardly recognized him on the ice. Is this what is going to happen to Heiskanen under this administration?

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Not saying Gurianov would’ve helped much this game but the statement after being sent to Cedar Park is he needs to earn his way back onto the roster... over who other than Hintz?

He’s not even a center but move Hintz to 1C and Guri to 2C at this point.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Not saying Gurianov would’ve helped much this game but the statement after being sent to Cedar Park is he needs to earn his way back onto the roster... over who other than Hintz?

He’s not even a center but move Hintz to 1C and Guri to 2C at this point.
HAHAHAHA

Guy can't even play wing at the NHL level lets give him center responsibility because that'll work

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I would love to see Monty play Gurianov at 2C just for the lolz.

Janmark - Hintz - Dicky
Seguin - Gurianov - Radulov
Cogliano - Faksa - Pavelski
Dowling - Benn - Klingberg

Send it

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I would love to see Monty play Gurianov at 2C just for the lolz.

Janmark - Hintz - Dicky
Seguin - Gurianov - Radulov
Cogliano - Faksa - Pavelski
Dowling - Benn - Klingberg

Send it

Put Heiskanen at 4th line center and bench Benn

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Whats the matter with Benn and Seguin? Slow start or something greater

Benn is what he is nowadays. He's in a hard decline. Seguin, IMO, isn't necessarily a play driver so if his linemates aren't going 5 on 5, he won't be either. And since just gaining the zone on a PP seems like the toughest thing in the world for the Stars, he's not making up for it there either.

Reactions: MilesNewton

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Benn is what he is nowadays. He's in a hard decline. Seguin, IMO, isn't necessarily a play driver so if his linemates aren't going 5 on 5, he won't be either. And since just gaining the zone on a PP seems like the toughest thing in the world for the Stars, he's not making up for it there either.
Right now Seguin just seems like a good player that becomes and elite producer when he is surrounded with quality players, when he has no other threats on the line then he's easily isolated and pushed to the perimiter. Individually he doesnt dictate or drive play even though he is paid like he should.

Benn just seems like one of those guys at drop in who thinks he's better than everyone and should be able to dangle around everyone, even though he isn't that good.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Right now Seguin just seems like a good player that becomes and elite producer when he is surrounded with quality players, when he has no other threats on the line then he's easily isolated and pushed to the perimiter. Individually he doesnt dictate or drive play even though he is paid like he should.

Benn just seems like one of those guys at drop in who thinks he's better than everyone and should be able to dangle around everyone, even though he isn't that good.

There was a point where he was close to that but he no longer is but he still plays like that and way too often tries fancy plays that just result in turnovers.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
I don't care how much money they make, although I do agree that we should expect results.

Well it's not my money nor yours. But whomever spent a pretty penny to bring him here and extend him (obviously at a rate increase), should expect results.

That said, would you approach players in regard to their performance vs $$ in the same manner you approach GM Nill's? I'm sure you'd sing a different tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->