GDT: 7 // Coyotes @ Flyers // What The Hell Is Going On? edition

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Love Boomer. I'm the same.

This has been an entertaining game.

I am listening to a lot of nhl radio as well. boomer frequently gives the yotes a lot of props. a lot of people are genuinely interested in the youth of this team and it's interesting to hear other's reactions to stuff like Strome being scratched, other than just us fans. i am hoping this win tonight turns it around a little bit here. If Domingue plays a little better and Domi and Duclair continue with the positive momentum, we are not nearly as bad as the 2-5 record would indicate.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
That was an ugly as hell hillbilly wrastlin' match. Shirts off, drunk, rolling around in the dirt next to a bonfire. Hair pulling, eye gouging, fish hooking and filthy. Complete multiple very long smoke breaks and a lot of standing around panting. What a dumb game. Haha.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
That was an ugly as hell hillbilly wrastlin' match. Shirts off, drunk, rolling around in the dirt next to a bonfire. Hair pulling, eye gouging, fish hooking and filthy. Complete multiple very long smoke breaks and a lot of standing around panting. What a dumb game. Haha.

Analogy of the year.

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London

favourite/favorite part :)

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
A win is a win. We'll take it. As Tip said, don't kid yourself lots of work to do. I'll celebrate and not comment further on this game.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

It's Philly man....... only thing missing was fans tossing their beers. :laugh:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I just watched a tape of the game. Ugly. Chychrun continues to impress. I think that the biggest thing to me is that Domingue didn't play a full 60 minutes. He showed some real flashes, but then he didn't at times. I'm not talking about the goals he let in as much as his overall game, rebound control and puck decisions. At times fantastic, at times bleh.

I wasn't happy about the 2 year Richardson contract, but he is certainly showing his worth.

I don't like seeing Chychrun in a fight. We have to either keep a 4th line Carcillo or Raffi Torres type, or we develop a power play that frightens other teams out of taking liberties. NHL players could choose to play a clean game, but they don't. So be it.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I just watched a tape of the game. Ugly. Chychrun continues to impress. I think that the biggest thing to me is that Domingue didn't play a full 60 minutes. He showed some real flashes, but then he didn't at times. I'm not talking about the goals he let in as much as his overall game, rebound control and puck decisions. At times fantastic, at times bleh.

I wasn't happy about the 2 year Richardson contract, but he is certainly showing his worth.

I don't like seeing Chychrun in a fight. We have to either keep a 4th line Carcillo or Raffi Torres type, or we develop a power play that frightens other teams out of taking liberties. NHL players could choose to play a clean game, but they don't. So be it.

LD was not very good at all. We just scored more goals and that weak White goal killed Philly. We are fortunate to have a win.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I didn't like seeing the kid in a fight either, but I love his instincts. His post-game quote was something along the lines of, "I felt like I had to go over there. I didn't like the way my guy got hit five feet away from the wall."

Did you notice, too, after Hanzal scored and he and Domi caught sight of the fight, Domi took off at full speed to back up Chychrun?

That's the kind of team mentality I think we've been lacking for a couple of years now. I hope it spreads.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles

That's what White was advertised as. You think he's here to score goals?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
His career stat line suggests otherwise...

Knowledge of the game has nothing to do with stats. I don't care who it is, a career fourth liner, top six player, an enforcer, if you made the NHL you know the game.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
LD was not very good at all. We just scored more goals and that weak White goal killed Philly. We are fortunate to have a win.

Our goalies scare the you know what out of me. I thought I would never say this, but I can't wait to get Smith back in net. As an organization, they have to start looking at alternatives or depth. LD might be a flash in the pan.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Knowledge of the game has nothing to do with stats. I don't care who it is, a career fourth liner, top six player, an enforcer, if you made the NHL you know the game.

True. But not having played the game does not automatically lead to the presumption that a person does not or cannot know the game. ;)

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Our goalies scare the you know what out of me. I thought I would never say this, but I can't wait to get Smith back in net. As an organization, they have to start looking at alternatives or depth. LD might be a flash in the pan.

You guys are such pessimists. I know everyone needs a scape goat. Have you ever played in goal? LD knows more about goaltending than you ever will. I don't care if he's a starter or a backup-- if he's in the NHL, he knows netminding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad