GDT: 7/5/21 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal [SCF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giddens

Feb 18, 2007
Not worried at all, Bolts outplayed them all game and this Montreal team simply isn’t very good. If it was an actually decent opponent, some concern might slip in there, but after all the series’ they have closed out the last two years after many so called “devastating” defeat, you have to trust they’ll close this one out Wednesday.

Well, I think that the Habs got outplayed in game 1 and 3, but not game 2 and game 4. This could very well be a 2-2 series.

Reactions: LTIR Trickery

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
Well, I think that the Habs got outplayed in game 1 and 3, but not game 2 and game 4. This could very well be a 2-2 series.

No, its 3-1

It wasnt even close to being 2-2 LOLOL oh good lord.

Let me try this logic......

It was almost 4-0 but we hit the post.. 4 times.

This series reminds me of the Islanders, they didnt challenge us, we tripped on ourselves, we beat ourselves and we beat them. No different here tbh. We are beating ourselves, not the other way around.

Edit - I just woke up and havent had a coffee or cigarette yet, so apologies if this comes off rudely. its not.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

I didn't think you outplayed us in game 4. I think game 2 maybe there is an argument. But you can't have it both ways where your close to winning but lose and then a game where you got outplayed but won a game you also deserve to win. I think that's a little hypocritical. So you deserved maybe 1 win and you got it. There's no question after 4 games who the better team is.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I didn't think you outplayed us in game 4. I think game 2 maybe there is an argument. But you can't have it both ways where your close to winning but lose and then a game where you got outplayed but won a game you also deserve to win. I think that's a little hypocritical. So you deserved maybe 1 win and you got it. There's no question after 4 games who the better team is.

Agree. If we're going to play this game, then the Lightning have a win from a game the Habs were the better team, and the Lightning have a win from a game where the Habs were the better team. The other two games, the better team won both of them. If wins and losses were decided on that basis, it would still be 3-1 Lightning right now.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Habs finally had a gameplan and Price played like Montréal's best player to give them a chance. They played well, but Tampa had a +17 Corsi advantage, +5 Scoring Chances, and +10 High-Danger Corsi For. Tampa finished with a 2.79xGF compared to 1.14xGF for the Canadiens. I'm not a big xGF believer but it's eye-popping when these numbers are so disparate between two teams. And that's only counting at 5v5. Following the outplay = win logic, if Tampa had to lose game 2, Tampa had to win game 4 too. 3-1 is kind of fair. Can't have it both ways

Reactions: LTIR Trickery
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad