GDT: 7/5/21 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal [SCF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I like Colton but the kid definitely is raw. He was scoring fairly well early on but as the game gets tighter his lack of offensive awareness and strength shows. He will be good, he's just not quite there and you need that. I typically think the same about Joseph but he had a good game. Bounced back after his error and played physical. Drew a penalty and had a beautiful pass. If Killorn can play, you definitely leave Joseph in over Colton.

Reactions: Lightning1995

AlmostThere242

Nov 16, 2014
Montreal has no pressure, it's all on us who has pressure sigh I hate it.
True, but anytime you can have your team up 3-1 you really wouldn't want it any other way. Just look at it as an opportunity to dominate and win it all at home.

Reactions: gn2007

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Nice to see the fanbase still has permanent PTSD, lol.

Montreal gets the luckiest win imaginable (including 3 posts hit) and they've "figured us out" lmao

Speaking only for myself, it's not that I have much of a problem with how we played tonight (well, outside the OT). Play like that on Wednesday, odds are they'll win. But I've seen 3-0 leads blow up before. I have my own scars as far as that goes, so I'm also not going to apologize if I might be a bit irrationally terrified right now. Cliché that it might be, it's not over until it's over. We had a chance at the fourth win tonight. We had three minutes of power play time in OT to do it. As usual on an OT power play, we failed. I would've signed up for a split in Montréal ahead of time up 2-0, but if I had my choice, it would've been losing Game 3 and winning Game 4. I can't help the panic that sets in from a situation like this.

Win on Wednesday night, and all is forgiven and all is forgotten.

AlmostThere242

Nov 16, 2014
The biggest thing for me from this game was Point coming back after taking that laser from Hedman. As long as our guys stay healthy they will close this thing out sooner rather than later.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
So close yet so far, we have been terrible in overtimes this post season. Their PK stepped up this game and completely shut us down, although we did hit many posts which means we were just that close to putting this one away. I believe in the boys, time to close it out on Wednesday and let the celebrations begin!

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
I like Colton but the kid definitely is raw. He was scoring fairly well early on but as the game gets tighter his lack of offensive awareness and strength shows. He will be good, he's just not quite there and you need that. I typically think the same about Joseph but he had a good game. Bounced back after his error and played physical. Drew a penalty and had a beautiful pass. If Killorn can play, you definitely leave Joseph in over Colton.
I agree, I loved Colton when he was playing in the bottom 6 but I am not so sure he is ready to play with Cirelli and Stamkos as of now. We need Killorn back to help that line, they were rolling before the injury.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
So close yet so far, we have been terrible in overtimes this post season. Their PK stepped up this game and completely shut us down, although we did hit many posts which means we were just that close to putting this one away. I believe in the boys, time to close it out on Wednesday and let the celebrations begin!

we have lost all our ot games this post season what the heck ?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
We hit four posts IIRC. Good effort by Anderson but I don’t see them win in three straight games from here.

Let’s bring the Cup home, boys!

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
We were the better team and Montreal got the bounces. I expected a half assed effort by our guys but they did everything but win. It's disappointing to not score on that 4 minute PP but it happens.

This will end in game 5. The guys will play the hardest they've ever played to win this on home ice.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Speaking only for myself, it's not that I have much of a problem with how we played tonight (well, outside the OT). Play like that on Wednesday, odds are they'll win. But I've seen 3-0 leads blow up before. I have my own scars as far as that goes, so I'm also not going to apologize if I might be a bit irrationally terrified right now. Cliché that it might be, it's not over until it's over. We had a chance at the fourth win tonight. We had three minutes of power play time in OT to do it. As usual on an OT power play, we failed. I would've signed up for a split in Montréal ahead of time up 2-0, but if I had my choice, it would've been losing Game 3 and winning Game 4. I can't help the panic that sets in from a situation like this.

Win on Wednesday night, and all is forgiven and all is forgotten.

The odds of us losing 4 games in a row after winning the first 3 are astronomycal, in this case and historically.

If we lose it would be the biggest choke in the history of NHL and we arguably already have that title with Columbus series.

We have to trust the team. They close it tomorrow night, for sure

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Hopefully in the next 2 days Sling can get NBC so I can watch the game and don't have to rely on highlights and Twitter to keep up.

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
Not worried at all, Bolts outplayed them all game and this Montreal team simply isn’t very good. If it was an actually decent opponent, some concern might slip in there, but after all the series’ they have closed out the last two years after many so called “devastating” defeat, you have to trust they’ll close this one out Wednesday.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
If we lose it would be the biggest choke in the history of NHL and we arguably already have that title with Columbus series.

True as this might be, this reads to me like the kind of thing we tell ourselves ahead of time as a way to try and protect ourselves in case the unthinkable does happen, and in the situations where it does, it really didn't end up protecting us at all.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
So typical in sports,if you dont score ,opponent will. After we didnt score at PP in OT i knew we will lose. I know its kinda lame,but i'm nervous,not panicking or something like that,but i would love if we could end it now.
They had lucky goal,and we had 4 posts,we lost by one goal,and we didnt play well whole game.
Forget this game ,clean mistakes and everything will be good.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
In some ways, this group deserves that last dance at home, to celebrate amongst family friends and fans. The place will be rocking. They know it's a magnificent opportunity to close the last chapter of the triplets book, they won't miss it.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
You should play hockey sometime it’s really fun
But come on...xD xD xD
With 2 minutes to go...it was an easy goal to score...especially for Kuch... :D :D :D
It's a great great opportunity missed....
My post was an exaggeration but come on... :D

I'm sure we'll see an angry Kuch on Wednesday.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
carey price factor may come into play. TAMPA must push for first goal in game 5 to put montreal out of there comfort zone.
Don't allow montreal power play opportunities, 5 on 5 they have a difficult time scoring. Kucherov, point, palat, need to come
through in game 5 and hedmen needs to be best player on ice. one goal a period should get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad