Post-Game Talk: 7:15 Est, Game 5 ECSF. CAPS vs Pens: Do or Die Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Holtbeast came to play. Challenging shooters and playing aggresive instead of in the back of his net.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
Holtby at the post game with Pierre where Pierre asks what was said in the locker room before the third. Holtby responds with something like....not a lot to be honest we're tired of the talk. (Someone find the full quote cause I'm not doing it justice)
That says it all for me they'll win in 7

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
>make mainboard worthy gdt first time in forever
>win in crushing fashion

Hmmm it's almost like i was right about this too

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Barry's line changes seemed to provide a spark. The refreshed lines seemed rejuvenated. Congrats on the extremely rare winning by more than 1 - it's probably not a coincidence scoring 4 goals. Keep coaching please.

Damn nice to see old Ovi scoring an ESG.

Agree MJ should have fired a slapper at Malkin.

Bura is my first star tonight.

tumblr_o9gzxplqku1vnt6ywo1_400.gif

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Holtby at the post game with Pierre where Pierre asks what was said in the locker room before the third. Holtby responds with something like....not a lot to be honest we're tired of the talk. (Someone find the full quote cause I'm not doing it justice)
That says it all for me they'll win in 7

:handclap:

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
I haven't watched one minute since the end of the second period of game two. For me that was when the series ended.

Just following along on twitter and here as the game goes on.

Why do so many people feel the need to...

1) Announce that they're not watching the games...

2) Supply their glib reason for not watching, and then...

3) Tell us how they're doing everything BUT watching (Twitter, GDTs, goal-light gadgets, live box scores, etc.)...​

...all of which make the rest of think, "Jesus, if you're not gonna watch, don't watch and shut up about it. And if you're gonna keep tabs incessantly and comment here as if you're actually watching, just f***** watch."

"I don't watch the early rounds anymore because [insert historical quitter reason here]. But I'm watching the recaps and goal replays so I can pretend to know what went on."

"I'm not watching after [insert tough loss here]. But I'm keeping up via smoke signal so I don't fall behind on my hater posts here on the boards. You're welcome!"

Give it a rest, will ya? ;)

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Barry's line changes seemed to provide a spark.

I like Barry Trotz a lot. He seems like a really good man and is certainly a good coach.

But what I saw tonight was a guy throwing everything at the wall and seeing what stuck. There didn't appear to be much rhyme or reason to it. Didn't play Winnik much, split Alzner and Orpik, but that's about it.

I like the new lines, but the spark came from playing with urgency, really going for it, and Holtby backstopping the counterpunches.

It's like the 2 quick ones we got last game, except this time Trotz didn't flip the switch back to conservative mode.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
A shout out to Willy in the first just demolishing Pens. Make a statement we were not going to roll over.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
But what I saw tonight was a guy throwing everything at the wall and seeing what stuck.... .

No doubt. They were clearly desperate moves but they worked out because it forced players out of their comfort cough complacency zones.

I started posting about it... backspaced it away and then you finished the thought. How the new lines did well because they were forced to get off their *****, and stop living in their comfort zone. Ovi and Nick... ok hmmm Ovi you be the shooter, Nick you be the passer... it gets predictable for MAF and D, it's just stale and complacency sets in after 3000 shifts together.

Suddenly we see Nick head down storming the net, looking for a pass, vs staying out of the way of Ovi's shot. Staying back to cover on D. What do you know, he gets a pass on the tape and scores. That is not an Ovi pass, the line is suddenly different for the Pens to defend.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Hard part is done. They were just as close to elimination as they will get this series.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Why do so many people feel the need to...

1) Announce that they're not watching the games...

2) Supply their glib reason for not watching, and then...

3) Tell us how they're doing everything BUT watching (Twitter, GDTs, goal-light gadgets, live box scores, etc.)...​

...all of which make the rest of think, "Jesus, if you're not gonna watch, don't watch and shut up about it. And if you're gonna keep tabs incessantly and comment here as if you're actually watching, just f***** watch."

"I don't watch the early rounds anymore because [insert historical quitter reason here]. But I'm watching the recaps and goal replays so I can pretend to know what went on."

"I'm not watching after [insert tough loss here]. But I'm keeping up via smoke signal so I don't fall behind on my hater posts here on the boards. You're welcome!"

Give it a rest, will ya? ;)

Just enjoy the ride. If you care how, when, why people post, you've already lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad