59 Guentzal - 87 Crosby “C†- 72 Hornqvist
14 Kunitz “A" - 71 Malkin “A" - 81 Kessel
43 Sheary - 13 Bonino - 17 Rust
62 Hagelin - 7 Cullen - 34 Kuhnhackl

8 Dumoulin - 65 Hainsey
3 Maatta - 6 Daley
28 Cole - 4 Schultz

29 Fleury​

“Obviously, I didn’t play my game at all tonight so I think, me personally, I have to play much better,â€
- Ovechkin on his game 4 performance

“Our top guys didn’t step up tonight, which was unfortunate. Our top players need to play like top players. They didn’t.â€
-Trotz on his top guys performance

What its gonna take to win the series

Marc Andre “Brick Wall" Fleury Game 5

Rest of the penguins Game 5

Defy the odds, make history, win​

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Prove us wrong Caps, prove us wrong.

giphy.gif

Valhuen

Secretary of Defense
Apr 10, 2011
Tucson via Spokane
Well, I may end up watching on mute........

Have zero faith left they can pull out this series, however I do expect them to win game 5. If nothing else they can then give the usual excuse "we tried, but did not get the breaks we needed".

Keys to winning the game:

- Number of shots is meaningless, Caps shot attempts in this series thus far have been weak. Shoot high and force MAF to make a good save, quit shooting low!

- Holtby needs to mentally toughen up and start playing like a $6 million tender. If he can't get his emotions in check and "believe" he can beat the Pens, find another way to make a living.

- Cycle with the damn puck! The only time the Caps dominate games is when they are able to cycle. Quit dumping it in or shooting a low percentage shot on goal from the circles or blue line!

If they are able to do even a few of these things they have a chance of taking game 5. Don't believe they'll suddenly break their terrible habits, and don't believe Trotz is capable of coaching them through it......

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Btw, conspiracy or not, the league would be glad to see this series going to at least 6 games. Fans too. Maybe even Caps players.

I mean, PP vs PK situation shouldn't be unchanged from last game.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Caps fans:

"You **** up, you trusted us
My advice to you is to start drinking heavily"

/s/ Your Washington Capitals

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Not sure if I'll have time to watch that one. Go Caps anyway. We've blown 3-1 leads before and so have the Penguins. We haven't made a 3-1 series comeback since 2009 when we beat the Rangers in the 1st round I believe.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Scratch 44 for this one (hasn't it been the 44/22 pair that the Pens, Bonino in game 1 and Hornqvist in game 4 just went straight up center ice and split that pair and score).

Roll with 27/22 as the third pair. We can call them the "no return pair" as this could be the last time either one wears a Capitals jersey as well as since they'll be UFAs we'll get no returns on them when they sign elsewhere.

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
I don't give a **** if we win or lose at this point. But I do give a **** about if they play with heart and the desire to win tonight. I can accept a hard fought loss. What annoys me is a 60 minute boo hoo feel sorry for themselves pity party.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I would recommend that everyone try and enjoy watching tonight's game, and any other games this team manages to play if they win tonight. Tonight may well signal the end of an era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad