Post-Game Talk: 7-0 Sharks; Series Tired 2-2

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
You have to be careful throwing in guys that haven't been around the playoff drive. They are not used to the pace and this is a tough spot to put them in.
I have no problem with Lander going in has many NHL games experience and is a good defensive player also gives us another PK option and face off option. Would rather have Kharia in over PaK .

GinMakeMeSin

Aug 18, 2006
There is no way we lose game 5. So far I'm seeing reckless penalties and excited youth. Physicality is the only way we win. This series is ours for the taking. I am a gambling man. I think klefbom and Talbot and Lucic should play a bigger role next game. Let's do this and take this to the 2nd round.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lander loyalists? Jesus.

The fourth line has been getting owned all series. The only guy who's looked half decent in spurts has been Pouliot, who should probably be taking Maroon's spot on the top line.

Pouliot - McD - Kassian
Lucic - RNH - Eberle
Maroon - Draisaitl - Caggiula
Lander - Letestu - Slepyshev

Switch Kassian/Draisaitl when needed and let Caggiula flip to C.

If not Lander loyalist then just bad assessors of talent.

Stick the worst forward we've had all year on McDavid's line? That really makes sense for you?

Jesus.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If not Lander loyalist then just bad assessors of talent.

Stick the worst forward we've had all year on McDavid's line? That really makes sense for you?

Jesus.

Who cares how he played this season? He's been strong on the forecheck, he's been physical and he's been getting his shots.

Patrick Maroon and Leon Draisaitl have been worthless in these playoffs. Have you watched the last four games? Pouliot would get McDavid the puck. That's the goal isn't it?

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
The Oilers did not get the puck in deep enough through the establishment of a forecheck. Neither did they get screens for tips or simply blocking the field of vision of the goalie. Getting poor angle shots is supposed to be good for rebounds, but the Oilers have seldom played a high-volume shot game this season. Normally the Oilers are great defensively, but they let Talbot hang out to dry this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad