Post-Game Talk: 7-0 Sharks; Series Tired 2-2

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The Sharks scored more goals tonight than the Oilers have in four games. It would be nice if guys like Maroon decided to show up.

That was putrid.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Maybe I'm a weirdo but this one stings a lot less than game 1 for me. :dunno: We were never in it.

Into the trash it goes. Regroup for game 5.

vsove

Apr 13, 2017
Edmonton, AB
Bad game.

For about 10 minutes (the second half of the 1st), it looked like they got their legs back under them.

And then, well, McDavid's penalty and the ensuing PPG seemed to be all she wrote.

Onwards to Game 5. Hope the Oilers show up.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Well, all the home teams won tonight.

We have the luxury of heading back home now. Series is merely tied, no reason to panic.

This team has always rebounded and we have home ice advantage for the best of 3.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Just one of those games where everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Wise up and prepare for Game 5. Better to get this crap game out of their system now.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Series is tied 2-2 guys. Keep that in mind. The series isn't over. The Sharks were the desperate team that game.

Thursday will be a big test for the Oilers.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Can't believe I actually used to enjoy watching the Sharks play and thought they played an entertaining brand of hockey.

Their entire gameplan seems to be based around nothing but picks and dives. The fact that they're allowed to do it every single shift says it all about where this league's priorities lie.

I'll be incredibly disappointed if this team doesn't show up for game 5 with something to prove. For **** sake, hit these guys again. Don't know why we started laying off the body. Draisaitl and Maroon are absolutely putrid this series and McDavid needs to get it going. Thursday's game a is a must win.

RuneMcEres

Seasons in the Abyss
Oct 24, 2006
Bergen, Norway
I mean, this game is just a writeoff. I have no emotions with regards to this game. Game 1 sucked. This was just a laugher. "OK, nevermind, move on."

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Oilers started enjoying the smell of their own farts?

Can't win if you don't try. Embarrassing game. Couldn't even build up the will to throw some hits in the 3rd. Just a nothing game from almost everyone.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Meh, they got the 1 game in San Jose that they needed. I'm sure most of us would have taken a 2-2 series going back to Rogers place.

One concerning stat is 2 even strength goals in 4 games. I know that it's tough to score in western conference playoff games but man, they need to find some offense from somewhere.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Couple complaints. Not sure why the coach put McDavid's line out there against Pavelski's early on. Let RNH handle that.

Secondly, what the **** was that Kassian penalty? I don't get it. That was nothing.

Third, finish your chances. Forwards definitely need to start bearing down on their chances.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Time to see what our coach, captain and veterans are made of... huge game 5 coming up... it will pretty much decide the series

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Pat maroon is costing himself a contract and Eberle is getting himself traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad