Confirmed with Link: 7-0-1 - Canucks lose in SO 2-1 to Kings (Horvat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I haven't watched pre-Boudreau Canucks, so I don't know if it's been tried and doesn't work or something, but would it not be more effective to do something like this at this point?

Pearson - Miller - Garland
Podkolzin - Horvat - Hoglander
Motte - Dickinson - Pettersson

w/ Boeser back:
Pearson - Miller - Boeser
Hoglander - Horvat - Garland
Podkolzin - Dickinson - Pettersson

Fired out of a rocket: Chiasson

Pettersson's defensive play has been relatively solid since Boudreau even though his offensive decision making is still frustrating (I don't agree that he's been bad enough to warrant outright scratching, personally). Why are we saddling all our offensive players with offensive black holes while wasting Garland and Podkolzin (who have been pretty excellent at forechecking/supporting/driving the play in the offensive zone) on Pettersson's lack of offensive flair?

Garland in particular is such a gifted, consistent, and difficult-to-stop buzz-saw out there that it really feels like we should building more of our offense around him.

Last edited:

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
well that was ugly and a massive demonstration to Rutherford just how many dead weight players who cannot skate and compete we have

Chiasson Lammikko Dickinson Hunt and Poolman all need to go asap,

I would easily trade Pettersson for Barzal if they could ever make that work. I'm really annoyed with his impact after getting the 7 million dollar contract and his off season was pathetic and pisses me off when i watch him get knocked off pucks so easily. I know he will turn it around but Barzal would add so much pace and puck control to the team vs more of a shooter and he's a local guy who is one of my favorites to watch. Anyway i still like Pettersson just frustrated

Gotta give kudos to Halak and his ridiculous equipment tonight. Hell of an effort and was the biggest reason we got a point.
Thought Horvat had a strong game and Hoglander was looking dangerous in his limited minutes. Dickinson is such a plug he kills so many cycles and rushes with his lacking skills. If he was making half his salary i wouldn't care but almost 3 mill for a more mobile Brendan Gaunce is not good and we need someone who is fast and has a high motor with some skill to occupy a top9 spot not a game killer.

Words cannot describe how badly i want Chiasson to be put on waivers. He's so done its making my eyes bleed. Justin Bailey just might be one of the dumbest hockey players at the NHL level yet i would prefer him so i can at least see some hustle and speed. Poolman is another guy who is flailing right now and looking really poor. Kyle Burroughs is playing better. What happened to Hamonic?

Hughes had a really good game and has really turned it up a notch this year. Miller was a mess but made a great play to tie things up. Hard to believe he has twice as many points as Pettersson who after 2 horrible periods at least was looking better for the 3rd. A lot of sloppy play and we were on our heels most of the night. Would like to see Hoglander and Pod switch sides at some point. We really need a top4 D and a good top9 player that plays with speed and has some size and strength to help out. Would be nice to see some guys score and break out a bit

Reactions: mathonwy

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Team has way too many slugs on the roster.
In this day snd age, You need puck control, confidence and speed on all lines.

Reactions: Nucker101

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
What dumb code did Pod break that saw a bunch of grown adults with arrested development get super emotional to the point they can’t handle it and rage out 3 on 1 on a pretty much defenceless rookie? Did he do the thing where he shot the puck at a person that literally has full padding on and is paid millions of dollars to get in-front of pucks that the exact same people are shooting at the net only this time it was 2 seconds after a whistle?

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
What dumb code did Pod break that saw a bunch of grown adults with arrested development get super emotional to the point they can’t handle it and rage out 3 on 1 on a pretty much defenceless rookie? Did he do the thing where he shot the puck at a person that literally has full padding on and is paid millions of dollars to get in-front of pucks that the exact same people are shooting at the net only this time it was 2 seconds after a whistle?
Won’t somebody think of gif

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Wow, what a refreshing change after a loss compared to:

“that’s a good team over there”
“it was a fast game”
“I liked our game tonight”
Every team has bad games and losses. Hopefully, the difference between Green and Boudreau is that the latter has the head on his shoulders to keep the team accountable and have them fix their mistakes and bounce back. He, at least, has more self awareness in one fingernail than Green had in his entire body

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
This game just brings things back to the reality that while the current run has been nice, the team just is not good enough.

Its easy to get caught up when you go in a nice win streak, especially after the shit last 7 years.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Definitely a few players riding passenger during the streak. Hopefully Bruce can wake them up. Pettersson needs to be tougher he’s looking softer and softer out there.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
This game just brings things back to the reality that while the current run has been nice, the team just is not good enough.

Its easy to get caught up when you go in a nice win streak, especially after the shit last 7 years.
I disagree..I don’t think this squad is playing to its full potential at all..There’s still lots more to give..They’re not talentless.

Would certainly help if our best and highest paid player showed up on a consistent basis.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Even though the team needs wins in the worst way ..Can’t really complain about 3 out of 4 points..Need to win the Kraken game though.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Even though the team needs wins in the worst way ..Can’t really complain about 3 out of 4 points..Need to win the Kraken game though.

If the Canucks are to have any hope of making the playoffs, they absolutely need to beat teams below them in the standings. Especially with a really difficult eastern swing / a likely month at least on the road staring them in the face.

This game against Seattle is a must-win.

Reactions: Indiana and MS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad