HF Habs: 6th Annual Early Bird Mock Draft 2020: Covid-19 edition (Complete! with final stats)

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Florida is proud to complete their draft by selecting Lucas Ramberg of the Luleå HF J20 (SuperElit)!

14. Florida: Jack Quinn (RW) - Ottawa (OHL)
45. Florida: Ty Smilanic (F) - USNTDP / Quinnipiac
76. Florida: Tristen Robins (C) - Saskatoon (WHL)
89. Florida: Alex Laferriere (RW) - Des Moines (USHL)
107. Florida: Jack Thompson (RD) - Sudbury (OHL)
143. Florida: Landon Slaggert (C) - USNTDP/University of Notre Dame
200. Florida: Lucas Ramberg (LD) - Luleå HF J20 / SuperElit

Thank you @MarkovsKnee for this - was fun!!!

@calder candidate is next!

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
OP is updated. Despite some issues today we actually got a lot of picks in.

We're down to the final 17.

Let's try and keep it rolling guys!

Stay healthy.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
upload_2020-4-9_23-6-51.png

With pick #201 in the 2020 NHL Draft the Columbus Blue Jacket are proud to select, from Edmonton Oil King of the WHL, Josh Williams
upload_2020-4-9_23-7-2.png

Josh Williams RW, 6’1’’, 184lbs
I actually drafted him in last year’s mock draft with Columbus only pick of the draft and since I had good results when I drafted Matej Blumel in the 7th round two years in a row and he endded up going 100th last years, I doubling down hoping for the similar thing to happen to Willams…
That Concluded Columbus draft it ain't very sexy or exciting since I only had 1 top 100 pick but I think I still got ok/good value out of the other picks. There a few guy I might of prefered or pass on because I expected them to slip and didn't but I think it is ok and since I had plan to draft Williams with the last pick since the begging kinda happy he is still there since I found it so funny to pick him again and with the same team on top of that.

R1 #15 Dawson Mercer
R4 #108 Connor McClennon
R5 #139 Simon Kubicek
R6 #170 Adam Raska
R7 #201, Josh Willaim

R6 NAS #173 Patrick Guzzo
R7 TB #181 Igor Chibrikov

@L4br3cqu3 you are on the clock for the next pick, @L4br3cqu3 has been PM

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
:flames are proud to select, with their last pick in this very appreciated 2020 mock draft, from Sparta Praha U20 in the Jr. Czech League, RHD Michael Krutil.

DhhcwTFUYAA-cR2.jpg

I admittedly know nothing about that kid, somehow lost attention to where the draft was, and didn't expect my turn this morning, as I'm about to go to work, thought, hey, I at least make my pick... so took a look at pretty much all the lists I had, and saw him in the last NHL CSS Euro listed pretty high. So thought, hey, why not, he's young and big, and he's in the 7th round, worth a shot !

16. W Noel Gunler
47. LHD Ryan O'Rourke
100. RW Oliver Suni
140. G Samuel Hlavaj
171. C Matthew Rempe
202. RHD Michael Krutil

I see Gunler as a boom-or-bust, literally, he'll have to work on his consistency big time, but top-6 potential is there. O'Rourke I think benefitted from playing in a very good team, but still managed to do his thing, perhaps a top-4 if everything goes well, but I see a well-rounded top-6 ultimately. Suni it depends if he can be more creative, or if he becomes a monster physically, won't become a PF at the next level otherwise, but I can see a grinder otherwise. Hlavaj I think could surprise, competes hard, and did rebound from his atrocious season last year. Rempe, total hit-or-miss, huge guys like him rarely pan, but there is intriguing potential nonetheless. In Krutil case, like I said previously, total unknown for me, hit-or-miss too, I guess.

Thanks a lot @MarkovsKnee for being the host of that mock, which went faster than I expected, but you did a hell of a job.

In these times, a 'game' like this one is always appreciated.

@Kaperi Spacey is on the clock, will be PMed.

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
Minny Draft Recap

11. Minnesota: Dylan Holloway (C) - Wisconsin (NCAA) (Auto-Pick) - Would of taken Askarov, shame on me.
High Floor/Low Ceiling, Mix of Jost and Poehling, Great skating.

24. Minnesota: William Wallinder (LD) - Modo (Allsvenskan)
Mucho High Ceiling, Cheap version of Hiskanen. Great skating, size and reach.

42. Minnesota: Shakir Mukhamadullin (LD) - Salavat (KHL)
High Ceiling, Cheap version of Sergachev. Booming shot, great size and reach.

104. Minnesota: Zayde Wisdom (C) - Kingston (OHL)
High Floor/Low Ceiling, Mark Stone with no shot. Insane forecheck.

135. Minnesota: Luke Prokop (RD) - Calgary (WHL)
High Floor/Low Ceiling, Very Cheap version of Carlo

166. Minnesota: Lukas Svejkovsky (F) - Medicine Hat (WHL)
Low Floor/Low Ceiling, Best case scenario mix of Cousins/Lazar

197. Minnesota: Marko Stacha (LD) - HK Dukla Trencin (Slovakia)
Underscouted, good Hlinka tournament, good U20 tournament at 17, some say he's better than Knazko.

I think I could've went with Kasper Puutio at 104 and pick Wisdom at 135. But hey, easier to say this after the draft, and I really like Wisdom and didn't want to miss him. Taught I was gonna steal Grans at 42 and Kerins at 166, but no, thanks to @The Great Weise and @Pompeius Magnus.

Once again thanks to @MarkovsKnee for his time and work, and thanks to all of you for including me in this game, your participation and for your insights. I'm in if there's an other one official or not.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
:flames are proud to select, with their last pick in this very appreciated 2020 mock draft, from Sparta Praha U20 in the Jr. Czech League, RHD Michael Krutil.

DhhcwTFUYAA-cR2.jpg

I admittedly know nothing about that kid, somehow lost attention to where the draft was, and didn't expect my turn this morning, as I'm about to go to work, thought, hey, I at least make my pick... so took a look at pretty much all the lists I had, and saw him in the last NHL CSS Euro listed pretty high. So thought, hey, why not, he's young and big, and he's in the 7th round, worth a shot !

16. W Noel Gunler
47. LHD Ryan O'Rourke
100. RW Oliver Suni
140. G Samuel Hlavaj
171. C Matthew Rempe
202. RHD Michael Krutil

I see Gunler as a boom-or-bust, literally, he'll have to work on his consistency big time, but top-6 potential is there. O'Rourke I think benefitted from playing in a very good team, but still managed to do his thing, perhaps a top-4 if everything goes well, but I see a well-rounded top-6 ultimately. Suni it depends if he can be more creative, or if he becomes a monster physically, won't become a PF at the next level otherwise, but I can see a grinder otherwise. Hlavaj I think could surprise, competes hard, and did rebound from his atrocious season last year. Rempe, total hit-or-miss, huge guys like him rarely pan, but there is intriguing potential nonetheless. In Krutil case, like I said previously, total unknown for me, hit-or-miss too, I guess.

Thanks a lot @MarkovsKnee for being the host of that mock, which went faster than I expected, but you did a hell of a job.

In these times, a 'game' like this one is always appreciated.

@Kaperi Spacey is on the clock, will be PMed.
He's apparently a decent candidate to get picked at the CHL import draft, he might turn out to be a bit of a hidden gem when he gets more exposure. It's a nice late gamble in any case !

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
For pick 203, NYR get auto Ilya Mironov (LD) Yoko Yaroslavl (MHL), and pick 204 is Nathan Schweitzer (RD) - Benilde-St. Margaret's School (USHS-MN) / Sioux Falls (USHL).

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
With their final pick of the draft, the NYI are pleased to select Marc-Antoine Pepin (LD), Shawinigan (QMJHL)

No 1st or 2nd rounder for Isles.

3. Brandon Coe (RW) - OHL
4. Xavier Simoneau (C) - QMJHL
5. Charlie Desroches (RD) - QMJHL
6. Hayden Fowler (C) - OHL
7. Marc-Antoine Pepin (LD) - QMJHL

Nothing too sexy, but feel they're all good prospects.

Buffalo is next @philipsson

Reactions: The Great Weise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad