GDT: #69 | 3/19/2015 | Red Wings @ Panthers | 7:30 PM | NHLN-US, FS-D, FS-F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some Random Guy

Apr 7, 2014
Zidlicky's dive impressed me along with Nyquist's play. At least they' re going down fighting.

I haven't had a chance to catch a Wings game in a long time.

Hopefully this isn't another loss.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Underlined why they have done better. Forgive me for not putting a lot of stock in getting bounced in the first round.

But you put a lot of stock in one above average season out of five. Got it.

The Devils made the finals in 2012...I suppose they've had a great 5 year run just like the Lightning have huh?

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
But you put a lot of stock in one good season out of five. Got it.

The Devils made the finals in 2012...I suppose they've had a great 5 year run just like the Lightning have huh?

Are you arguing the Devils have not had a more successful last 3 years? If getting bounced in 5 games is a moral victory for you or something I am glad for you. I want my team to compete and win. NJD went to the finals, far more success than this team has had since 09.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Are you arguing the Devils have not had a more successful last 3 years? If getting bounced in 5 games is a moral victory for you or something I am glad for you. I want my team to compete and win. NJD went to the finals, far more success than this team has had since 09.

That's the goal now. To make the playoffs. To stay just mediocre enough to make the playoffs.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Detroit basically needs to win 5 of their remaining 13 games to make the playoffs with 97 points. Ottawa would have to win 8 of their remaining 12 to catch them.

Ottawa has won like 14 of their past 17, so I don't feel comfortable with this at all. they are a desperate team who are actually playing good hockey. 2 teams going in different directions.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Sens just scored. We will be 6th point up on 9th after the night.

This is so funny. We were probably like 27 points up on 9th 2 weeks ago, now its down to 6.

No we weren't.

I think you exaggerate more than anyone I've ever met.

It's astonishing.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Detroit basically needs to win 5 of their remaining 13 games to make the playoffs with 97 points. Ottawa would have to win 8 of their remaining 12 to catch them.

I came up with the same. We would have to be horrific to play ourselves out of playoffs at this point

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Ottawa has won like 14 of their past 17, so I don't feel comfortable with this at all. they are a desperate team who are actually playing good hockey. 2 teams going in different directions.

Detroit plays Carolina twice more this season and Arizona once, they also face Ottawa and Boston once more.

If Ottawa only loses two more games this season then they deserve to go to the playoffs.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

Great. And look where they are now. Just because the Red Wings haven't been contenders the last few seasons doesn't mean they can't in the near future and that they are doomed to never be great again. That's the problem with the way you are thinking.

Teams go through ups and downs (over multiple seasons AND within a season as we are seeing now). The Red Wings have been down the last few seasons while they rebuild and integrate new and young players into the system. They are finally starting to see the return on those young players which is why they have been better this season. They have even better prospects than Tatar and Nyquist on the way still too.

As someone else mentioned, step off the ledge. The world isn't ending because the Devils made the finals 3 seasons ago and the Wings haven't.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I didn't realize just how much the sky is falling.

Missing the playoffs? Really? :laugh:

I'm sure both Boston and Ottawa will win nearly all their remaining games and we will lose all of them.. sure.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

desperate teams who get on a roll at this time of the year are dangerous

ottawa has been playing lights out the last month

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
"penalty coming to florida"

oh hey, maybe we have a chance!

"oh wait, it's on detroit."

yep, that's about right. this team is awful right now. hopefully it's the end of a long phase shortly.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I didn't realize just how much the sky is falling.

Missing the playoffs? Really? :laugh:

I'm sure both Boston and Ottawa will win nearly all their remaining games and we will lose all of them.. sure.

Apparently going through a slump is the equivalent of the sky falling.

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
You would think this PK had Helm written all over it, given the two goal deficit with < four minutes left...

edit: he's out now on the second shift... still, would've thought he'd start it.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
People who actually use those sites for information are funny. You do reliaze this is purely based on math, and not on actual hockey???

If we continue to lose, (Tampa Bay is a loss, St Louis will be another one), we will only be a handful of points (2, maybe 3) up on 9th. This team is a disaster right now. Our playoff lives are in serious jeopardy.

There's really no point in discussing our playoff chances (which are not in "serious jeopardy") with someone who pretends to know the outcome of the next two games in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad