GDT: #68 - 3/7/20 | Rangers vs. Devils | 7:00 PM ET - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I’m still nervously awaiting Shesterkin’s first stinker. Gotta get that over and done with eventually.

Considering the circumstances I fear it'll be tonight. That said at least we'll have more margin of victory than against a team like St Louis.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
The Devils have been hot lately, but it's not reflected in their 5v5 metrics at all. Even with Blackwood standing on his head they are still only breaking even in terms of goals 5v5 and getting blown out in shot metrics. In all situations they have only outscored their opposition 22-20 during their 6-2-2 run.

Reactions: egelband

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
I thought you didn't want to bum people out. It sounds like the apocalypse.
Well, there is no apocalypse on the horizon. But there are sporting events being cancelled or in serious danger of being cancelled all around Europe ať this moment. And some of them really major.

In another thread, while procrastinating, I went out of my way to explain in detail why that might actually be a good call.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If I'm Quinn I tell the team not to shit on Mika's efforts tonight. If we lose today that game becomes almost meaningless.

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
Losing a game like today will do serious harm to our playoff chances. That game by Mika was special not just because of the 5 goals but the importance of those goals and the game. Losing today would take away from that in a major way, especially being the very next game.

I think you’re wildly overthinking this.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
source (1).gif

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I’m still nervously awaiting Shesterkin’s first stinker. Gotta get that over and done with eventually.
Don’t put your neurotic anxieties on the rest of us lol. He’s been out two weeks, halted our miraculous playoff drive, is finally coming back after a tremendous win and game, and you’re like ‘soooooo....he’s due a stinker guys, will it be tonight?!? Let’s watch and see!!!’ Lol

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The Devils have been hot lately, but it's not reflected in their 5v5 metrics at all. Even with Blackwood standing on his head they are still only breaking even in terms of goals 5v5 and getting blown out in shot metrics. In all situations they have only outscored their opposition 22-20 during their 6-2-2 run.

I.e. close game that could go either way. An objective for the Rangers would be to not let them hang around by playing down to their level or step on the breaks if the Rangers get a lead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad