GDT: #68 - 3/7/20 | Rangers vs. Devils | 7:00 PM ET - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
voodoo-doll-new-jersey-devils.gif

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I don't wanna bum people out but the virus has hit NY. NHL has sent out letters to players not to interact with the fans. It is exploding all over the country right now. Doubling numbers of those sick in a day to two span. This is kind of expected being it recently arrived here in the states,.... but it will eventually level off. But right now it's expanding quickly. And it will effect the NHL. It will go through whole teams. The NHL has some decisions to make. Events are being cancelled across the US. I can't see the NHL not being affected. Will they play games in empty stadiums?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
My weekly cheat meal is usually penciled in for Sunday nights. Should I bump it up for tonight's game?

Reactions: cheech70

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Have to get at least 20 points in the last 15 games to have a realistic 50-50 shot at the postseason. 3 of those games against the flightless birds.

Makes it a lot harder if we lose the games against bottom feeders.

Reactions: MyLoveIsBlue

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Have to get at least 20 points in the last 15 games to have a realistic 50-50 shot at the postseason. 3 of those games against the flightless birds.

Makes it a lot harder if we lose the games against bottom feeders.

Around this time I always say a cliche that these games are what separate contenders vs. pretenders. Yeah, teams solidly in the playoff spot could allow a quick loss of concentration against a team like NJD but those fighting to make it can’t allow it. For them (i.e. NY Rangers) each game is a playoff game right now. As far as 20 points in 15 games, they’d need to go 9-4-2 (or 9 wins - 6 losses) which is, while not easy, still a realistic possibility.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I don't wanna bum people out but the virus has hit NY. NHL has sent out letters to players not to interact with the fans. It is exploding all over the country right now. Doubling numbers of those sick in a day to two span. This is kind of expected being it recently arrived here in the states,.... but it will eventually level off. But right now it's expanding quickly. And it will effect the NHL. It will go through whole teams. The NHL has some decisions to make. Events are being cancelled across the US. I can't see the NHL not being affected. Will they play games in empty stadiums?

Nothingburger spergers BTFO!

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Nothingburger spergers BTFO!
I must be getting old. I have no idea what you said. I'm not trying to scare anyone. Those who are fairly healthy will survive this, including NHL teams. But it will surely have an effect on the rest of this season and post season.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

I thought you didn't want to bum people out. It sounds like the apocalypse.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Around this time I always say a cliche that these games are what separate contenders vs. pretenders. Yeah, teams solidly in the playoff spot could allow a quick loss of concentration against a team like NJD but those fighting to make it can’t allow it. For them (i.e. NY Rangers) each game is a playoff game right now. As far as 20 points in 15 games, they’d need to go 9-4-2 (or 9 wins - 6 losses) which is, while not easy, still a realistic possibility.

It's definitely a possibility with Shesty in net, not with the other 2.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I must be getting old. I have no idea what you said. I'm not trying to scare anyone. Those who are fairly healthy will survive this, including NHL teams. But it will surely have an effect on the rest of this season and post season.

It's a joke/reference against people trying to downplay the severity of Corona virus.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
Lakers Bucks last nite was sold out...place was packed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad