↻օղղօɾ - ហąʍҽʂէղìҟօѵ - ƐհӀҽɾʂ
įąƒąӀӀօ - Ɱօղąհąղ - ͲօƒƒօӀì
ហìҽժҽɾɾҽìէҽɾ - L̶օաɾվ - ȺքքӀҽէօղ
βąɾɾօղ - Ҡմքąɾì - φҽɾƒҽէէì

Ɱօɾɾìʂʂҽվ - ᎠҽⱮҽӀօ
ᎠìӀӀօղ - φìօղҟ
Ϛąʍҍҽɾց - ⱮìӀӀҽɾ

ǶҽӀӀҽҍմվçҟ

19-19-0-5 // Most GF: 7 (2019) // Most GA: 9 (2019)

I found a magical burrito at midnight that propelled me into the future.
I brought back Cronin's postgame comments:

"Like the effort, results just aren't there, heading in the right direction, etc."​

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I'm hesitant to call this the worst season even before it ends, like maybe something cool will happen before then. But like @anezthes pointed out, nothing that was supposed to happen this year happened. Development, responsibility, accountability, mentoring, none of it. Some is deliberate by PV, some is incompetence by Crow (and Brown, that sonofa), some is bad luck.

We're a team with no hope of the playoffs, no hope of finishing last and not much hope of bringing our supposed new young core much further along. It's hard to imagine that things would have been any different if we didn't play at all, except that I would have had more sleep and would have spent less time being simultaneously angry and bored.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Do we have to?
giphy.gif

yes

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i wonder if someone on the jets will go after strome for the collision with connor last meeting

this one's going to be ugly

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I'm hesitant to call this the worst season even before it ends, like maybe something cool will happen before then. But like @anezthes pointed out, nothing that was supposed to happen this year happened. Development, responsibility, accountability, mentoring, none of it. Some is deliberate by PV, some is incompetence by Crow (and Brown, that sonofa), some is bad luck.

We're a team with no hope of the playoffs, no hope of finishing last and not much hope of bringing our supposed new young core much further along. It's hard to imagine that things would have been any different if we didn't play at all, except that I would have had more sleep and would have spent less time being simultaneously angry and bored.

Verbeek: "I'm happy with the coaching as far as establishing our culture, our accountability, our work ethic, and our compete. And, I think for me, that's been three [sic] of the things that were not at close, you know, at the last couple of years at, you know, for my standards, for our hockey team. And I think that we've taken big steps in that area. And that's important to developing and learning and as part as being able to win."

Verbeek: "More importantly, we have the last 20 games. We have an opportunity for us to push and to do something positive for next season."

Since the TDL, the Ducks have gone 0-4-0 and outscored 21 goals from our opposition to our 5 goals, including one shutout.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Verbeek: "I'm happy with the coaching as far as establishing our culture, our accountability, our work ethic, and our compete. And, I think for me, that's been three [sic] of the things that were not at close, you know, at the last couple of years at, you know, for my standards, for our hockey team. And I think that we've taken big steps in that area. And that's important to developing and learning and as part as being able to win."

Verbeek: "More importantly, we have the last 20 games. We have an opportunity for us to push and to do something positive for next season."

Since the TDL, the Ducks have gone 0-4-0 and outscored 21 goals from our opposition to our 5 goals, including one shutout.

You can kind of see pieces of it if you squint. Like shots against were getting wildly out of hand recently and they seemed to clamp down but now we're giving up 30 instead of 50? Which is an improvement, but not so's you'd know it. Also getting blown the f*** out nightly, and also not taking shots ourselves.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Verbeek: "We need a lot of help from our bottom-6 to be able to help the top-6 produce and to be able to get those goals and productions in order to create more wins and get on the right side of those one, all these 1-goal losses we've had this year."

Ducks 1-goal Games2022-23
Type of GamesGamesWLOTLPtsPct of gamesPoint Share
Game 1 to 66662235953100.0%40.2%
1-goal games2614393739.4%71.2%
Non 1-g games4083201660.6%20.0%

Ducks 1-goal Games2023-24
Type of GamesGamesWLOTLPtsPct of gamesPoint Share
Game 1 to 66662340349100.0%37.1%
1-goal games27131132940.9%53.7%
Non 1-g games39102902059.1%25.6%

With a much better defensive roster this year and improved overall roster, I guess blaming the bottom-6 for not producing seems very facetious considering last year's team was more adept at producing in 1-goal games. And last's year's team had no defense, no Carlsson, nor Killorn!

I'd rather Verbeek say we've been plagued with injuries within our top-6 and some of our guys are playing through injuries for our lack of goals and productions. Then start listing off those players and how many games they've missed as well as listing names playing through injuries.

With Z and Carlsson back healthy, then that will push some players currently in the top-6 down to the bottom-6. And with hopes of getting goal scoring Cutter Gauthier signed as soon as his NCAA career is over, then he will be adding goal scoring to our top-6 or bottom-6. Like many others said in previous threads, we need to improve our top-6 in order to improve our bottom-6.

Instead, we're fed with decorative cow manure that belies what we're witnessing.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
listening to verbeek talk is painful
He sounds like he is praying and hoping the team turns it around.. to save face.. but no they dont. You know why Cronin is not respected by the players.. Because Cronin is not the one that makes the decisions.. PV is.. PV was the one telling carlson when he can and cant play... The players dont like this shit.. The coach needs to be able to make those decisions .

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Thoughtlessly mentioned to the wife last night, "Ok, time to watch the Ducks lose."

That very moment I came to the realization that I've become so despondent and apathetic that it's gone deep into my subconsciousness.

200w.gif ?cid=6c09b952l9m70u6gkt7x433o1xnpom3pzsb7x1cx0hotej0s&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w. gif&ct=g

• Haha
Reactions: DuckRogers10

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Thoughtlessly mentioned to the wife last night, "Ok, time to watch the Ducks lose."

That very moment I came to the realization that I've become so despondent and apathetic that it's gone deep into my subconsciousness.

200w.gif ?cid=6c09b952l9m70u6gkt7x433o1xnpom3pzsb7x1cx0hotej0s&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w. gif&ct=g
My wife and I got done watching a show around 11 last night and then I fired up the replay of the game (I hadn't seen it at that point). She asked if I was coming to bed soon, and I told her that I would be in whenever I got tired of watching the Ducks get pummeled. So, yes, it will be soon.

As soon as Minnesota got their second goal, I fast forwarded through most of the rest of it, stopping only to see Regenda's goal get overturned.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
I have said it before, and I will say it again. The best time to fire someone is the first time you realize that you made a mistake hiring them. In this case it is pretty clear that it was a mistake to hire Verbeek and Cronin. I see nothing from either of them that indicates that there is any hope that their performance, and thus that of the team, is going to improve. Sadly, I expect both of them to last another two years at the minimum.

• Love
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
My wife and I got done watching a show around 11 last night and then I fired up the replay of the game (I hadn't seen it at that point). She asked if I was coming to bed soon, and I told her that I would be in whenever I got tired of watching the Ducks get pummeled. So, yes, it will be soon.

As soon as Minnesota got their second goal, I fast forwarded through most of the rest of it, stopping only to see Regenda's goal get overturned.
Did the exact same.

They're not just bad - they're boring bad.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. The best time to fire someone is the first time you realize that you made a mistake hiring them. In this case it is pretty clear that it was a mistake to hire Verbeek and Cronin. I see nothing from either of them that indicates that there is any hope that their performance, and thus that of the team, is going to improve. Sadly, I expect both of them to last another two years at the minimum.
In my line of work (and the NHL) it takes time for organizational changes to bear fruit. Expecting any dismissal this early in either of their tenures is foolish and unrealistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad