#66 KINGS @ FLAMES, close but we WIN 3 - 2 in regulation.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Regressing to the mean to the rescue.

No kidding. The Kings are dominant and league best at 2 phases of the game. Defense and puck possession. Eventually, the pucks would start hitting the back of the net.

Every time I see that phrase of regressing to the mean, it always reminds me of a particular Nucks fan on the main board who would try and use the term against the Kings during the Cup run. I mean REPEATEDLY. Then would go out of his way to say the Kings would regress back to middling playoff team when all was said and done. Who's regressing now, foolio?! :naughty:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
And from a Canadian perspective :P
CMC6o.jpeg

Haha florida is awesome

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Being a product of the 80's (I'm 33 y/o), that was one creepy ass toy. Not nearly has creepy as Teddy Ruxpin but the 80's was chalk full of weird kids ****. Like Garbage Pail Kids the movie. I guess My Buddy is where the inspiration for Childs Play came?

But it also had some of the coolest toys.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Ah the 80's. Bringing back memories of t
he coolest toys and collections I had. Transformers: I had Optimus Prime, Prowl, Bumble Bee, Sideswipe, Sunscreener, Grapple, Hound, Sledge, & Grimlok. Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave (vulture & panther tape), and all the Constructicons! Remember the Go-Bots? I only had Leader-1. M.A.S.K? Mobile armored strike kommand! But, my all time favorites were the Japanese cartoons and toys. Robotech & Voltron! I had Lt. Hunter & Roy Hunter's VF fighters, SDF1, The Beta fighter jet in the 3rd story arc and the motorcycle that became a armored suit! Cool toys. This is so OT!

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
he coolest toys and collections I had. Transformers: I had Optimus Prime, Prowl, Bumble Bee, Sideswipe, Sunscreener, Grapple, Hound, Sledge, & Grimlok. Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave (vulture & panther tape), and all the Constructicons! Remember the Go-Bots? I only had Leader-1. M.A.S.K? Mobile armored strike kommand! But, my all time favorites were the Japanese cartoons and toys. Robotech & Voltron! I had Lt. Hunter & Roy Hunter's VF fighters, SDF1, The Beta fighter jet in the 3rd story arc and the motorcycle that became a armored suit! Cool toys. This is so OT!

Go Bots? Get out.

Battle Hymns

Sep 6, 2013
i can't believe im saying this but Pearson was the best skater on the ice tonight. if he plays like that every night, he can definitely replace williams down the line. in the meantime, it gives us great playoff depth.

I had some transformers toys and the main guy from Go Bots. My older brother would always make me feel like I got the lesser toys and I remember choosing the go bots character over Optimus Prime (i think it was) at one point. I didn't particularly care of Star Wars as I think that was slightly before my time but I know my brother had a bunch of the toys. Hopefully I removed all of their heads so they have no value now. Actually, I remember blowing up GI joes and other toys with firecrackers in my teens. We probably blew up what would be hundres, if not thousands of dollars today.

This is the main guy from Go Bots I had:

gobots1.jpg

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
I had some transformers toys and the main guy from Go Bots. My older brother would always make me feel like I got the lesser toys and I remember choosing the go bots character over Optimus Prime (i think it was) at one point. I didn't particularly care of Star Wars as I think that was slightly before my time but I know my brother had a bunch of the toys. Hopefully I removed all of their heads so they have no value now. Actually, I remember blowing up GI joes and other toys with firecrackers in my teens. We probably blew up what would be hundres, if not thousands of dollars today.

This is the main guy from Go Bots I had:

gobots1.jpg

Yep, That's Leader-1. Like hockey names it isn't pronounced how it's spelt. Lee Ater Juan!

jimmy1100

Feb 17, 2007
Colorado Springs

How this is not more remembered by 80s kids is beyond me. I though they were awesome. I never got into the Transformers, but M.A.S.K. was cool as hell! The drag racer that opens into a little x-wing type plane? The black sports car that shot sawblades out the front? Good memories!

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Oh man you guys are bringing back memories. I had the original Optimus Prime toy and a huge Metroplex transformer. I also had a M.A.S.K. red plastic lunchbox. I don't remember a lot from M.A.S.K. other than the main bad guy had a jet that could transform into a helicopter. I think there were other kinds of transforming vehicles. Sort of a Transformers meets G.I.Joe.

Optimus Prime (all that's left; lost the trailer and of course the hands)
7ef35864-4dcf-4f55-888e-39a66c0a69cb_zps26c179f5.jpg

Metroplex (now lost)
m7IBLRBKXUGBIiX4yn05ijw.jpg

M.A.S.K. Lunchbox (long gone)
mQRUPVCqwZH9wJlNuvGrqNQ.jpg

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
Oh man you guys are bringing back memories. I had the original Optimus Prime toy and a huge Metroplex transformer. I also had a M.A.S.K. red plastic lunchbox. I don't remember a lot from M.A.S.K. other than the main bad guy had a jet that could transform into a helicopter. I think there were other kinds of transforming vehicles. Sort of a Transformers meets G.I.Joe.

Optimus Prime (all that's left; lost the trailer and of course the hands)
7ef35864-4dcf-4f55-888e-39a66c0a69cb_zps26c179f5.jpg

Metroplex (now lost)
m7IBLRBKXUGBIiX4yn05ijw.jpg

M.A.S.K. Lunchbox (long gone)
mQRUPVCqwZH9wJlNuvGrqNQ.jpg

You could have made bank in today's market:shakehead

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
It's a crying shame I went through my destructive early tween years! I took all my hot wheels and matchbox cars and blew them up or crushed in a vice! Action figures and if anyone remember MUSCLES? Those plastic rubbery pink characters that later came in bright colors? I had buckets of them and I cut them up, blew them up, melted them, and etc. One day I found out my dog ate some of them because I saw bits of hands and legs inside of dog poo! Anyways all these things are worth hundreds or thousands of dollars today! I wandered into a collectors store and saw my Robotech Variable Fighters I had as a kid. Guess how much it was going for? $300.00! That was 10x what I spent for mine about 30 years ago!

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
This team is getting it's mojo back at precisely the right time. And we've become a dark horse again like in 2012. Love it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad