Post-Game Talk: #66| FLYERS at Bruins| Sat., Mar. 7, 2015|

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Frustrating outcome.
This team is not that bad, there is talent spread all over the lineup, but some pieces in this puzzle are not there yet and some just don't seem to fit.

They are lacking scoring wingers. We all knew that before the season started but Voracek's hot streak covered it up for a while.
Who is a scorer on this team? Giroux, Voracek ... when they are on, yes, but they are first and foremost passers and playmakers. That leaves you with Simmonds and Raffl (injured a lot) and Read who lost his mojo this season. That's not nearly enough to decide all of those close games!

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
This thread is as sad as yesterday's game.

Fans turning on G? Shouldn't surprise me, but it's definitely disappointing. This team is awful and one forward can't carry a team by himself.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
This thread is as sad as yesterday's game.

Fans turning on G? Shouldn't surprise me, but it's definitely disappointing. This team is awful and one forward can't carry a team by himself.

No one player can carry a team, agreed.

But who is asking that of Claude Giroux? I'd be happy with a goal every eight games instead of a goal every nine.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No one player can carry a team, agreed.

But who is asking that of Claude Giroux? I'd be happy with a goal every eight games instead of a goal every nine.

How many goals are a product of Giroux's play?

There is more than one type of player. There are guys called playmakers who make goals happen by setting up others players. That's what Giroux does, and he's among the best in the league at it. You have him confused with a sniper like Ovechkin.

You also seemingly refuse to acknowledge that he faces very stiff competition for a first line center because Berube uses him in an oddly defensive way, thus neutering the ability of our best player to do his thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad