Post-Game Talk: #66| FLYERS at Bruins| Sat., Mar. 7, 2015|

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Both said it was boderline and weak. Wrong call based on the the type. of game, what had and had not been called and the time of the game. Not to mention possible dive based on how lightly he had been touched. Ticky Tacky Call. The goal called back on incidental contact was wrong. Should have been reviewed

Last edited:

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I've been wondering if MDZ hasn't gotten an extension because they're wondering if they'll bring back **** for brains

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
remember that time he scored against the Blackahwks in the last second of OT.
or that Game 7 vs Penguins
or that Game 3 vs Blackhawks, when the Flyers were down 2 games and he scored OT goal.
or that comeback he led vs CBJ
or how he carried the team last year to the playoffs

just to name some few.

You'll never understand anything, because you're always wrong.

Last year he started with a 15 games goalless streak. 15 games.

In the last 18 games he had five goals. 5.

Not sure how you get from there to "he carried the team to the playoffs".

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
Last year he started with a 15 games goalless streak. 15 games.

In the last 18 games he had five goals. 5.

Not sure how you get from there to "he carried the team to the playoffs".

I get it from watching the Flyers and all the coaches,GM and journalists that thought he deserved to be 3rd in Hart voting.

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
I have no issue with criticism, but if we're criticizing people for things then they should at least be real concerns.

The Giroux complains aren't legitimate, they're imaginary.

Again, he has two goals in his last 18 games. He hasn't had a + game since February 8th. That's not imaginary.

I'm not saying he sucks and let's trade him to get Coburn back.

But you just cannot deny that a team captain needs to generate more when his team needs him.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I've been wondering if MDZ hasn't gotten an extension because they're wondering if they'll bring back **** for brains

He hasn't been re-signed because we're up against the cap right now (Coburn's trade really didn't make a big difference with Gudas coming back & other players getting raises) & the cap doesn't appear to be going up anything significant. Hextall likely wants move so more cap space out before he gives MDZ a new contract & given MDZ is a RFA he doesn't have to worry about losing him for nothing.

He'll still have to either re-sign or replace VV, White, Emery, & CC on top of MDZ's extension so he's probably looking to make more wiggle room before he does anything else.

Last edited:

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
I get it from watching the Flyers and all the coaches,GM and journalists that thought he deserved to be 3rd in Hart voting.

Yay.

The game log is easily accessible at NHL.COM

Again, not saying he sucks. Heckuva player. But it seems pretty clear that he doesn't have the consistency to lead a team, much less carry it.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Its hilarious watching the usual couturier haters go nuts when he makes a mistake, while they're silent whenever he plays well or downplay his good plays.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Again, he has two goals in his last 18 games. He hasn't had a + game since February 8th. That's not imaginary.

I'm not saying he sucks and let's trade him to get Coburn back.

But you just cannot deny that a team captain needs to generate more when his team needs him.

He's not Mario Lemieux, lets crucify him!

Mgkibbles

Dec 14, 2009
Gilbertsville, Pa
As much as I love Giroux, he's not a good even strength point producer. He's a PP dynamo, but he needs two strong ES wingers to maximize his potential or he'll always be prone to these long droughts.

R3M1N1SC3

Feb 19, 2012
Its hilarious watching the usual couturier haters go nuts when he makes a mistake, while they're silent whenever he plays well or downplay his good plays.

You are obviously his #1 fan - because you will defend this guy to the grave.

This year he is playing over 18 minutes a game and he has 29 points in a mostly 2C role. C'mon man! He will probably finish the year with 35 pts. When he does have scoring chances, he can't bury the puck. He can't generate a rush and he can't skate well enough to skate with guys like Voracek.

He is going into his 5th year next year. He is actually one of the reasons why this team isn't making the playoffs this year - this team has no secondary scoring and they can't score consistently even strength. I am tired of people defending him.

Everybody has touted him as a top notch PKer - yet we have one of the worst PKs in the league. (But let's all just blame the defense)

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
Damn people here are depressing. I'm so sick of the Giroux's not captain material crap. Most of you saying this are probably want Simmonds as captain too. The thing that makes me laugh...if Simmonds heard the way some of you talk about G he'd be tempted to smack you.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
To all the trolls out there calling our Giroux. Give your heads a shake. Open your eyes.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia

It's frustrating because he's been playing well since Voracek was put on his line. I'm hoping that the turnover doesn't effect his confidence too much and he can kee building on the good things.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
So to be a captain how many goals must you score, assists don't count. From reading here it sounds like 30+. Are there any good captains other than Ovi ?

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
This board is borderline unreadable lately with all the best posters not caring too much since we've known the seasons done for a while now and all the baiting posts coming out from people you usually don't see much of.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You are obviously his #1 fan - because you will defend this guy to the grave.

This year he is playing over 18 minutes a game and he has 29 points in a mostly 2C role. C'mon man! He will probably finish the year with 35 pts. When he does have scoring chances, he can't bury the puck. He can't generate a rush and he can't skate well enough to skate with guys like Voracek.

He is going into his 5th year next year. He is actually one of the reasons why this team isn't making the playoffs this year - this team has no secondary scoring and they can't score consistently even strength. I am tired of people defending him.

Everybody has touted him as a top notch PKer - yet we have one of the worst PKs in the league. (But let's all just blame the defense)

Couturier has faced absolutely insane competition while mostly starting in his own zone, while having total garbage on his line for first half of the season. Yet he is still producing at a 2C level and providing elite defense. If anything Couturier, after Giroux, Voracek, and Mason, is a major reason they are still in contention.

But much like Jeff Carter, people don't want to appreciate what he is because he isn't what they want.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
G being a non factor in 5 v5 situations is nothing to overlook. Its been this way for a while

I really don't know why he picked this game to put him back with Jake, it just made Boston's job easier having Chara and Bergeron on both of them instead of having to choose.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
There are a lot of posters on here that seem to think the blame is never on the 15 or so skaters that are generally a detriment to the team, and think the reason we lose is because the other players that can actually do things, don't do enough. To these people, games seem to hinge on the times when Giroux loses a face off, Voracek misses a breakaway, or Couturier turns the puck over, but ignore the fact that if the rest of the team was better than it was, none of those players would be in that position in a 1 goal game, anyway.

I guess it's hard to blame what you can't see.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I agree with you but I hate how you bring Jeff Carter into this every time.

eww.. **** that guy. :)

He was nothing bit an effective player and people insisted on believing otherwise. Couturier is rapidly heading towards that category, effective, important player who gets hate for shoddy reasons while people refuse to appreciate what he does

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
There are a lot of posters on here that seem to think the blame is never on the 15 or so skaters that are generally a detriment to the team, and think the reason we lose is because the other players that can actually do things, don't do enough. To these people, games seem to hinge on the times when Giroux loses a face off, Voracek misses a breakaway, or Couturier turns the puck over, but ignore the fact that if the rest of the team was better than it was, none of those players would be in that position in a 1 goal game, anyway.

I guess it's hard to blame what you can't see.

This is a good point. We blame the players who are actually good instead of looking at the pile of dead weight and defective coaching.

The fact that a small core of talent has been able to get this team near the playoffs despite all the dead weight and bad coaching is pretty remarkable. How much more are they supposed to do? Build competent depth around those guys and this team will be excellent.

R3M1N1SC3

Feb 19, 2012
Couturier has faced absolutely insane competition while mostly starting in his own zone, while having total garbage on his line for first half of the season. Yet he is still producing at a 2C level and providing elite defense. If anything Couturier, after Giroux, Voracek, and Mason, is a major reason they are still in contention.

But much like Jeff Carter, people don't want to appreciate what he is because he isn't what they want.

Matt Read has been a 20 goal scorer before this season. Is he just having a terrible season, has he physically started to decline, or is he a guy who is dependant on a playmaker? I mean he has at times played with Simmonds, Schenn, Raffl - are those guys not good enough for him?

Facing insane competition? Well, I would love to see a 2C be able to outplay his competition once in a while.

Here's a thought - why not try Couturier on the 1st line at LW with G and Simmonds/Jake? I *believe* he played some LW in the Q, why not at least try it. I'm just curious to see how much his production would increase while playing with top players consistently. Or, would he just kill the line altogether?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad