GDT: #65| New York Islanders @ Edmonton Oilers | March 6th | 9:30pm | F/OTL 3-2

edmontonislesfan

Mar 28, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Strome is going to be a good one. It will click eventually. Wont be this year, maybe next year, but it will come. Him and lee Work well together. Put another good player on that line and it will be legit.

The guy that concerns me is Okposo. He just looks awful without JT. Looks lost, making lazy, dumb plays. Really good opportunity for.him to step up and I dont think he has.

I was at the game last night. Okposo didn't look too good. Would like to see him reunited with Bailey on the first line with Nielsen.

With regard to the young players, I thought Nelson and Lee used their size well. Strome, being younger,shouldl further develop this next month and a half and hopefully work out with Tavares over the summer.

Overall, it was great to see the Islanders in person. Saw several people wearing Islander jerseys.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
On Okposo: It's tough to go from playing with JT and Vanek to Grabs and Neilsen. Not that Neilsen and Grabs aren't good, but he's going to have to adjust.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I dono..I thought Kyle had an ok game. He was battling in the corners well. Maybe JT just makes his game look that much better.

Nielsen needs to be our #1 centre right now. Nelson needs his ice time too...but not 1st. we need proper vets for the top 3 right now. It's great that people like our rookies, but right now, I'd rather see Nielsen leading this team as top centre, not Nelson.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I dono..I thought Kyle had an ok game. He was battling in the corners well. Maybe JT just makes his game look that much better.

Nielsen needs to be our #1 centre right now. Nelson needs his ice time too...but not 1st. we need proper vets for the top 3 right now. It's great that people like our rookies, but right now, I'd rather see Nielsen leading this team as top centre, not Nelson.

Nielsen was the #1 center, with Okposo and Grabner on the wings...unless it changed and I'm forgetting.

Okposo benefits greatly from the space created by JT, and it allows him to keep his play more simple. He's just not going to carry the play and create for others without that time and space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad