GDT: #65| New York Islanders @ Edmonton Oilers | March 6th | 9:30pm | F/OTL 3-2

MaryChristine*

If I had a ton of money like Wang and was a fan, I'd buy every ticket for an absurd amount of money in the parking lot before the game to make sure nobody went in.

huh? if you had that much money, why not just be part owner of the team?

MaryChristine*

Would it be absurd to say, I think Goring wouldn't be a terrible coach? He actually cares and loves the game. I also think he has a good mind for the game.

butch was a coach. he was awful. lol. still better than cappy

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
You are right ... Why continue to watch this season when all you hear is the mockery of this franchise from the nhl network to other announcers across the league .... We were all deflated in November ....lost , typical season...I wish a crazy fan would punch Garf or wanger in their face

We're pretty much back to being the joke of the league again. Because we have the biggest joke of an owner. The guy has literally admitted that he regrets buying this team. It doesn't get much worse than that.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
they're our doppelganger. The bottom dwellers of the West, wearing Orange and Blue. Its uncanny how we battle to be the kings of futility.

Very true and very sad. Two really sloppy teams that find ways to lose.

Isles are pretty special team. They can play amazing for 50min a night and invent new ways to lose with sheer stupid plays and are amazing at missing glorious chances to close out games, or get that next goal.

Never an important goal on special teams or big kill either.

Wonderful

KasparsHipCheck

Feb 9, 2013
upstate ny
You are right ... Why continue to watch this season when all you hear is the mockery of this franchise from the nhl network to other announcers across the league .... We were all deflated in November ....lost , typical season...I wish a crazy fan would punch Garf or wanger in their face

You should take a vacation to the beach or to a game that you feel nuetral about but is a good old matchup like up to Montreal to see a game or Chicago, or to the Shark tank. Then you've got your hockey fix minus the depression.
Montreal is an incredible hockey experience as is Boston.

sorry wrong quote.---but you should take a vaca Words of Wisdom

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
If I had a ton of money like Wang and was a fan, I'd buy every ticket for an absurd amount of money in the parking lot before the game to make sure nobody went in.

and what would that prove?

wang would already have his money from the initial ticket sales. and his tv deal money. and his parking fees ( if he gets parking money ). so you would just be throwing good money after bad.

MaryChristine*

wang would already have his money from the initial ticket sales. and his tv deal money. and his parking fees ( if he gets parking money ). so you would just be throwing good money after bad.

Take it easy on him.. hes not too bright :badidea:

haha

MaryChristine*

So hard to say if it was on him or not, that was by far the worst team assembled the last 30 years for the Isles.

if you told me we could fire cappy and hire butch right now i'd take it.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I know, but maybe he would bring some heart to this team, or something else to offer. I'm trying to think outside the box because I know we aren't gonna get a real nhl coach. I'm pretty sure Doug Weight has it locked up.

He would just confuse everyone:

"ok, so Nabovsky you get in goal and header this slimboy pass the liquor."

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

It'd be funny to see an empty arena, and I'm sure that a completely empty arena wouldn't be ignored by newsday or some other news source.

I wasn't really being serious.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
My thoughts, exactly. But, I would love to actually have a REAL NHL coach but... Not happening.

Capuano will be fired without a doubt after the season, Wang has shown a markedly more obvious tendency to lose patience with coaches vs. GMs, I'm pretty sure these 3rd period performances this year and overall dropoff, even once we had our injured guys back is going to be enough for it to happen but I think Weight is the replacement for sure...bottom line I think Weight will be a much more effective coach though.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
It'd be funny to see an empty arena, and I'm sure that a completely empty arena wouldn't be ignored by newsday or some other news source.

I almost wonder if that's their stated goal. Maybe there is an out clause in the new Barclays lease, that if they can't draw a certain amount Barclay's cuts its losses and Wang can sell to Seattle or wherever. It would certainly explain why they have been blowing wind up our chimneys about how they will invest heavily for Barclays, yet damned if we have seen anything of substance yet.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland

it would "be funny" too add to the list of reasons for the rest of the NHL fans to laugh at us islanders fans........as if they dont have a long enough list already.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Wonder how many articles Arthur Staple has had to rewrite with all of these third period meltdowns?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
it would "be funny" too add to the list of reasons for the rest of the NHL fans to laugh at us islanders fans........as if they dont have a long enough list already.

In my fantasy world of having a million monopoly dollars nobody laughs at Islanders fans, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad