Post-Game Talk: #65: Lightning at Flyers, Monday, March 7, 2016, 7:00 pm ET

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
I also like how Cousins is bringing the best out of Laughton personality wise. Laughton appears to be more engaged and having more fun now that a spark plug like Cousins is around. He is actually mucking it up after whistles. This is just speculation but I bet they are pretty good buddy's and it's helping Laughton confidence and comfort on and off the ice. I mean did you see the intimate hand holding during Gs bowling game lol

I know it kind of sounds cliche but they came up together so kind of that bond helps. Before cousins, all he had was ghost who is the wonder kid. Obviously the team seems tight but it's like being the only freshmen on a team

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Anyone know where to find the detailed reports on the game on NHL.com? Stuff like the Faceoff Summary aren't listed under the recap or the box score.

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/tbl-vs-phi/2016/03/07/2015020986#game=2015020986,game_state=final

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/tbl-...tate=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=boxscore

I just go to the Flyers website now... their boxscores are still in the old style with all the additional info easily accessible.

http://flyers.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2015020986

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
The games played column is almost as compelling:

Cc_2Mf_W8AAA_vQ.jpg

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
That's on pace for a defenseman having goals in the 20s if 82 games played.

Let's do the math. It's basically .297 gpg.

.297 X 82 = 24.35 goals.

Last edited:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I personally think the flyers would be foolish not to offer him quite a long contract when they extend him (something like a Klingberg deal). From what I see unless he has some unforeseen injuries he isn't a player that is going to put up 20 goals one year and 5 the next.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The litmus test comes Friday (really the entire home stretch).
That was one of the best games they've played in years, but the test is whether it was a fluke (the same way Edmonton was in the opposite direction) or a sign how this team can play in Hak's system when they roll four lines. To be a legitimate top ten team, they need to play the next 19 the way they've played the last couple months and whether or not they make the playoffs, they'll have a lot to build on next season.

I can't see Cousins going down, the third line has gone from an afterthought to a reliable unit since he came up. Hakstol is protecting them, but he's no longer hiding them.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Ghost :amazed: I have no words! Terrific game. Sucks that I had to miss this game, but let's go! We can do it, this team is playing on another level right now except of game against the Oilers. Play-off would be awesome! :handclap:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
It is so great to finally be talking about the young Players -- I stress the plural -- and I note they are home grown... rather than the stars and hot veterans, or earlier obtained Players who are starting to finally blossom... It is so often we discuss the hot Player(s) of the Game or G and Jake and Simmonds and Schenn... Now we are finding a young Phenom winning important Games and other emerging recent Prospects that are pushing their way into integral pieces of the Team that is bracing to finally reestablish the Flyers a Contenders in the 'New' NHL.

It is fun watching Ghost and seeing Laughton finally showing his worth.. and IMO Cousin will never play another Game in the AHL... unless the Flyers miss the PostSeason and he reurns to the Phantoms for the Calder Cup PLayOffs.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
I also like how Cousins is bringing the best out of Laughton personality wise. Laughton appears to be more engaged and having more fun now that a spark plug like Cousins is around. He is actually mucking it up after whistles. This is just speculation but I bet they are pretty good buddy's and it's helping Laughton confidence and comfort on and off the ice. I mean did you see the intimate hand holding during Gs bowling game lol

excellent point !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad