Post-Game Talk: #65: Lightning at Flyers, Monday, March 7, 2016, 7:00 pm ET

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
If Cousins gets sent down, then Hak and hexy are sending the wrong messages to players and the fans. The kid has done everything anyone could of asked for. He is now starting to mix in his chirping game, which brings another element this team needs. Again i like what gagner can bring to the team, but in baseball terms, he is a good pinch hitter and shouldn't be over used. Unless you plan on sitting VV, which seems like the obvious but unlikely choice.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm not even sure if Weal would get claimed to be honest. He really hasn't done anything to this point that screams he's an NHL guy & he has flaws that suggest he may never be.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Even if he gets claimed, would it really be a big loss? He seems to be a Gagner type player that has to be in the top 6 to be effective and we don't have that spot for him.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
NHL should have a rule where if I guy is involved in a trade he should be able to play 30 days in the AHL (but cap still counts) regardless of waivers to learn new systems and give the team a better scouting report. I would feel a lot better about Weal if I saw him play a handful of games. As of now he is just a Akeson style tweener.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
aieo9zrXT.gif

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I think there's a weal chance someone like the Rangers or Pittsburgh, teams that have spent years draining their prospect pools to keep their window open, might take a shot on grabbing him for free.

For some reason Harry Z came to mind when reading this

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think there's a weal chance someone like the Rangers or Pittsburgh, teams that have spent years draining their prospect pools to keep their window open, might take a shot on grabbing him for free.

He's not really a convincing prospect though. He's at that point where it's now or never & he's not some high upside guy either. He's really struggled to catch on here & those two teams have better forward depth than the Flyers currently.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He's not really a convincing prospect though. He's at that point where it's now or never & he's not some high upside guy either. He's really struggled to catch on here & those two teams have better forward depth than the Flyers currently.

You're weally missing that the point of my post was to make a Weal pun, and that's just the best justification I could find.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
No, he is currently on the team's NHL roster. If he is activated, he will go to the active roster. When they acquired him, he was waiver-exempt if the team attempted top demote him to the AHL.

Then why are we worried about Cousins being sent to the AHL? Just bench Weal and Gagner when Weal & Voracek are healthy.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
:clap:WE HAVE A WINNER:clap:

Flyersfan018 and 1865 entered their luck into the Thunderdome. 1865's luck prevails!

max-mad-cage-match.jpg

The 100% record persists! Three games attended, three wins! Who wants to fund my continued presence?

We were awesome tonight. Absolutely awesome. Tampa haven't been dominated like that all year, we were on them from the first minute and didn't let up for the entire 60. Such a huge game, such a huge performance. Giroux was a leader of men and Ghost was a hero. My brother is distraught, I'm elated and ever so slightly drunk. What a night.

We fly to Tampa at 7am, I should probably sleep.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013

Huh?

The East has the #1 team in the NHL and a team that had a 9 game winning streak.

Also home to probably the best goalie in the NHL.

Arguably the best player in the NHL.

The Best D-man in the NHL.

The best goal scorer in the NHL.

Somebody stop me when I get to the weak East.

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind

Huh?

The East has the #1 team in the NHL and a team that had a 9 game winning streak.

Also home to probably the best goalie in the NHL.

Arguably the best player in the NHL.

The Best D-man in the NHL.

The best goal scorer in the NHL.

Somebody stop me when I get to the weak East.

Don't even need to go there, they have a winning record vs the West. The guy is a moron

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
The Oilers probably still tell themselves that they would be a great team if they were in te East. Makes them sleep better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad