Prospect Info: 64th Overall, Mattias Norlinder LD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
True dat! A good problem to have. Lets be happy that guys like Suzuki, Primeau, Caufield, Romanov, Norlinder, Harris, Struble, Poehling, Brook, are exempt for the expansion draft.
What a beautiful crop lol

mixed in with some pretty good leadership and it’s starting to take shape.

we just need a reputable finisher to that bunch and I’ll really like our chances moving forward

Reactions: Redux91

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Personally, I expect Harris and Norlinder to be signed. Norlinder can actually sign right now and stay in Sweden. Harris can't as it would make him ineligible for the NCAA if they play.

There is also Fairbrother that could join the pro ranks next year.

you don't want to sign Norlinder since he would count against the 50 contract limit, sign him at the end of next season and bring him over as long as he has a good season of course.

I'm not high on Fairbrother but he could work out. Solid 3rd round dart. I would say if Norlinder has a 1 year deal in the SHL, we do sign both Norlinder and Harris to play Laval. Imagine... we have depth on the big club and we don't have to rush them?

Oh how times are a changing in Habs land eh

It doesn't matter how long his contract in the SHL is for since there's a PTA in place with Sweden and the NHL.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sounds like he had a couple bad plays today.

I think he has to learn to be reliable without the puck. His offensive ability and skating is very impressive but he's got to mature. Some figure this out and some don't! Struble is another one. Different type of game vs Norlinder but has to mature in terms of reliability

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Wish our fan base and even our coaches would come to grips with this... The good thing is that he will get chances to learn and still get to play, even after making mistakes. That's the Frölunda way.

Coaching players to learn assignments and maturity is only part of the development strategy. Playing with high intensity and living in that moment will create better players over the long run cause they can be creative and not have this black cloud waiting for them to make a mistake. That's not cool man

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#LeksandsIF(4-5)FrolundaHC: Rapport de match TSLH - Norlinder
Ce qui caractérise le plus son jeu est sa mobilité et sa capacité à faire avancer le disque. Son match a été une belle représentation de ses qualités, mais aussi de ses défauts. On a vu le Suédois en confiance lors de ses relances et aussi en avantage numérique. L'une des choses que je lui reprochais dans son premier match était le manque de tir tenté. On dirait bien qu'il a voulu corriger la situation, car il a lancé beaucoup plus au filet.
Cette vidéo le montre en mouvement et en possession du disque.

Cette vidéo c'est sur ses erreurs, car il y en a eu qui ont coûté deux buts. Norlinder est un bon défenseur dans sa zone, mais il adore contrôler le jeu. Ainsi, les chances qu'il commette des erreurs sont grandes dans les trois zones. Ce soir, c'est arrivé contrairement au premier match. Il n'y a rien eu d'alarmant ce soir, seulement des manquements facilement corrigibles ou qui pourraient arriver à n'importe qui.

Reactions: Plekatorz

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

He was not on the score sheet. So for him to be Frolunda's player of the game means he played a hell of a game.

only preseason but it's great to see. Yeah if he can just keep motoring along in the SHL like he did in Allsvenskan then it's hard to not be really excited about him. He just looks damn electric out there.

The question marks I had were the same I had with Suzuki. Whether his skill translates to the bigs. So far Suzuki's looking like he most certainly can.

We're so used to being screwed for so long but when you see the highlights, the outrageous comparisons from some of these beat writers at least have some kind of meat on them. It's clear he has high end skill.

I've said it before a few times but the evolution of the feeling on this pick was pretty funny. I think many thought it was a safe pick but then you see some highlights then it goes to 'oh he might actually have some intriguing upside' to 'jesus how good can he be?'.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Before our picks from this draft enter the system.. I think you gotta have him between 3-4..

Caufield
Romanov..
Norlinder/Primeau

I don't see anyone else in the system who has this upside.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

so Lidstrom, Dahlin and now Hedman comparisons? lol.

This is nuts. I think the raw skill's there for top pairing potential. That shouldn't be a question. Whether it all translates and he can round out his game. But the skating's phenomenal and the hands are too. The Markov type interception posted above was great to see. If he's got that type of brain too he can really be something.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Before our picks from this draft enter the system.. I think you gotta have him between 3-4..

Caufield
Romanov..
Norlinder/Primeau

I don't see anyone else in the system who has this upside.

What is a reasonable projection for his ascension to the pros — 2022-23?

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad