Prospect Info: 64th Overall, Mattias Norlinder LD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#FrolundaHCvsHV71(3ndPeriod)

Very active. He's not shy to participate offensively. Giving nonstop his contribution. This is right after a faceoff.

upload_2020-8-13_14-49-53.png

upload_2020-8-13_14-50-9.png

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
yea I got to see a decent amount of him especially as the season went on so almost all the games he was at RD and didn't look out of place at all. I can't wait for the SHL season to start, I think I'm more excited to see him then any other Hab prospect as this kid could be the real deal and seeing him in the SHL will give us more a idea what we have as long as he gets regular TOI, which I assume he will.

He arguably has the highest upside. Maybe even higher than Caufield. It's kind of semantics with me though when it comes to D at least. I think Romanov can be a offensively stunted #1 possibly but I still don't see him as having the 'upside' that Norlinder does. I think I equate offensive skill with 'upside' in my mind whether it's right or wrong.

It's amazing that both can seemingly play both sides just fine. That could be a helluva top pairing in a few years if one of them can stick on the right side. Fine if they don't though.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#FinalScore:FrolundaHC(1-4)HV71

From the beginning until the last moment of the game, he's trying to make a difference. In a couple seconds, Norlinder did that.

Without the puck, he's already thinking of what he can do. His decision-making style is one his best qualities.

His skating abilities helps him for his movements and his transition game.

He was just out of position on the third goal of HV71 tho.

upload_2020-8-13_16-14-10.png

Reactions: Redux91

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I'd be completely fine with Norlinder transitioning as a RD to the NHL. We already have LD in Romanov, Struble, Mete and Harris. The right side is bare other than Juulsen and Brook and Brook is struggling.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'd be completely fine with Norlinder transitioning as a RD to the NHL. We already have LD in Romanov, Struble, Mete and Harris. The right side is bare other than Juulsen and Brook and Brook is struggling.

yeah if it can happen it would work out really well for us I think.

Reactions: Gravity

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

It's about 33% reduction in effectiveness for a player to play his off side. It would be nice to be comfortable there but it's best that he play LD.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
It's about 33% reduction in effectiveness for a player to play his off side. It would be nice to be comfortable there but it's best that he play LD.
Look at Sergachev, LHD playing RD. If RD is what Norlinder shows to excel at than that's dandy because we have a gaping hole there.

Also where did this 33% come from?

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Look at Sergachev, LHD playing RD. If RD is what Norlinder shows to excel at than that's dandy because we have a gaping hole there.

Also where did this 33% come from?

Buddy of mine showed some advanced stats of effectiveness and when you have a player playing defense on their off side, on average they are about 33% less effective compared to playing their natural side.

If anyone in the pool can do it would be either Norlinder or Struble simply because their skating allows more options to get the puck out of their zone effectively.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Buddy of mine showed some advanced stats of effectiveness and when you have a player playing defense on their off side, on average they are about 33% less effective compared to playing their natural side.

If anyone in the pool can do it would be either Norlinder or Struble simply because their skating allows more options to get the puck out of their zone effectively.
I think that might be a flawed stat, I mean if the guy is a LD and asked to play RD then yea of course there will be a drop off in effectiveness. But it the guy shoots left but is more comfortable and better playing RD than I don't see what the problem is

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think that might be a flawed stat, I mean if the guy is a LD and asked to play RD then yea of course there will be a drop off in effectiveness. But it the guy shoots left but is more comfortable and better playing RD than I don't see what the problem is

Was remembering it incorrectly.. here's the data. It's more the effectiveness of having a pairing with two guys on their regular sides, vs one, or both on their off sides related to their handedness.

unknown.png

Reactions: Gains and FLHabs

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral

Exactly. Perhaps we'll see a Struble-Norlinder pair shortly!

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

We have Fleury as well. If Petry is resigned we will have little need for a RD. Do not write of Fairbrother on the left side as he has some intriguing upside.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Kind of a meaningless stat when it should be obvious that any player who is moved into a new position should struggle relative to their previous standard. It says nothing about players who are more comfortable on their off hand and primarily play that position.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Kind of a meaningless stat when it should be obvious that any player who is moved into a new position should struggle relative to their previous standard. It says nothing about players who are more comfortable on their off hand and primarily play that position.

Yeah look up, I misremembered. The stat actually refers to the efficacy of pairings that feature someone on their off side.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad