Prospect Info: 64th Overall, Mattias Norlinder LD

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
There's a reason why I say this kid could be our best prospect, if he was playing in the SHL this past season and did what I think he will do this year, I would have ranked him at 1st over Caufield who had a heck of a season in his own right.

That said we just need to wait and see how it goes for him in the SHL which is now less then a month away from starting.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
There's a reason why I say this kid could be our best prospect, if he was playing in the SHL this past season and did what I think he will do this year, I would have ranked him at 1st over Caufield who had a heck of a season in his own right.

That said we just need to wait and see how it goes for him in the SHL which is now less then a month away from starting.

First game he impressed and looked thicker stronger.
Second game he struggled defensively.
Third game he had some excellent reads and flashed offensively.

Encouraging so far and we know he needs some polishing defensively but the fact he's making big reads and walking SHL veterans, that's exciting.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Who are your current top 5, or top 10 if you feel up to it. Including Poehling, Fleury, and Juulsen, who I see as not yet having established themselves as NHLers. But excluding KK, Suzuki, and Evans.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
First game he impressed and looked thicker stronger.
Second game he struggled defensively.
Third game he had some excellent reads and flashed offensively.

Encouraging so far and we know he needs some polishing defensively but the fact he's making big reads and walking SHL veterans, that's exciting.

we'll see how it goes since this is just preseason over there but I hope to see a lot of him again.

I was very impressed how he seemed to change his game from the start of the season to the end where he went from ultra aggressive offensively to really toning it down and playing so much better in his own end. So that's why I can't wait to see him this year to see how he looks and adjusts over the course of the year.

Who are your current top 5, or top 10 if you feel up to it. Including Poehling, Fleury, and Juulsen, who I see as not yet having established themselves as NHLers. But excluding KK, Suzuki, and Evans.

Prospect Info: - My Top 20 (Season Ending Update post #212)

post 212 or so has my last rankings

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
we'll see how it goes since this is just preseason over there but I hope to see a lot of him again.

I was very impressed how he seemed to change his game from the start of the season to the end where he went from ultra aggressive offensively to really toning it down and playing so much better in his own end. So that's why I can't wait to see him this year to see how he looks and adjusts over the course of the year.

Prospect Info: - My Top 20 (Season Ending Update post #212)

post 212 or so has my last rankings

Thanks. What was the date? My phone doesn't list post numbers.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There's no reason to be down on Struble at the moment. Even less of a reason to do so in the Norlinder thread.

Can't wait to watch Norlinder this year.

Norlinder is our chance at a puck mover and PP guy at the point. Could be a good one if he figures out the reliability part of playing D. His offensive skills and skating are not in question IMO.

Agree with Struble

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009

He was actually in Allsvenskan, which is the tier below SHL, last season, this will be his first year in SHL.
But yeah, super excited for the kid!

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I would really like to watch some SHL games, but the Suedes don't want my dirty money. And every time I ask about an alternative PAID site to watch the games, there's silence.
Either you boys are really unhelpful, or just very naughty with your illegal streams.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I would really like to watch some SHL games, but the Suedes don't want my dirty money. And every time I ask about an alternative PAID site to watch the games, there's silence.
Either you boys are really unhelpful, or just very naughty with your illegal streams.

We are quite naughty. I'm moving to the nordics again soon, so I'll have the means to watch all the streams. Shut up and take my money you bork borks!

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Highlights from Mattias Norlinder’s first SHL tournament with Frölunda
Norlinder showcased some of his strengths, especially his puck-carrying skills that come from his fantastic skating. Norlinder showcased all the high-quality offence that Canadiens fans have become accustomed to. His hockey IQ is on display when he reads the pass beautifully and breaks in with so much speed that the defence is left behind.
Norlinder is still raw defensively, but he's better than many think and I really liked his overall defensive positioning throughout the tournament. While I've chosen to highlight the errors, his overall play was better than I saw last year in Modo. It’s a new system and the teams are better. I expect Norlinder to have a few errors early on, but get better throughout the season.
As Ronnberg (Frolunda Coach) has mentioned to Eyes On The Prize in previous interviews with regard to Norlinder, the young defenceman will be counted on to play his offensive style in Frolunda. There'll still be the rushes, the dangles and the highlights because: “that is what Mattias does best. That's his strength.”

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC

Being the smart-ish guy that I am, I have kept ahead of the curve by brokering a deal with 2 cool dudes, a finnish fan and the most quiet russian hockey nerd you've ever seen. In exchange for NCAA and CHL games ala carte, I get SHL, Liiga, junior levels in Sweden and Finland sometimes (not always, those games are tricky to get even for locals) + KHL, VHL, MHL and some junior-level games in Russia.

It works well if you find dependable people whom you can trust, like I did.

Now there is no more problem about being forced to be a citizen of Finland to be able to open a bank account in that country, which you obviously need if you want to pay to watch a Liiga game on the interwebs. It's only logical...? (No, it is not.)

As for posting the links and videos here, that's a no. Don't want to, too lazy to do it, and it infringes on more than one rule of this site to boot. I guess I'll just have to live with being an unhelpful bass turd, so yeah, that's it.

Reactions: Archijerej

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Will there be an SEL season next year?

the season starts on Sept 19th, there hasn't been anything saying otherwise. There seems to be some problems with covid in Europe but it's more France, GB, Russia. I know Finland is looking at full fans starting in Oct. Russia starts Sept 2nd, they have had a number of cases in preseason but no word yet on pushing the season back. There may be some issues with travel though as some teams are not in Russia. The team in China will play in Russia, and there's some protests in Belarus that isn't a topic for HF but if that continues perhaps there could be some issues playing there.

He was actually in Allsvenskan, which is the tier below SHL, last season, this will be his first year in SHL.
But yeah, super excited for the kid!

yea I watched a lot of him with Modo last year, I usually watch all the prospects play at least a few times every year.

I would go to the Swedish board, someone there should be able to help. I thought you could buy it through C Moore but I could be wrong.

Finland is a no go at least directly, ever since they changed to Telia, which sucks cause they have some sick HD streams but you have to live there as was said already.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I would go to the Swedish board, someone there should be able to help. I thought you could buy it through C Moore but I could be wrong.

Finland is a no go at least directly, ever since they changed to Telia, which sucks cause they have some sick HD streams but you have to live there as was said already.

C MORE does not accept ''non nordic credit cards'' in their words. I spoke to them about this. What's weird is that visa themselves have no idea what a nordic credit card is lol.

I'll have Telia this year. Maybe I'll start putting things up on twitch, but perhaps there's a reason why someone hasn't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad