Prospect Info: 64th Overall, Mattias Norlinder LD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Norlinder is that type that has all the tools you look for but is also that type that needs to learn how to be reliable and play physical in his own end. A lot struggle in that area and that will drive coaches nuts. Lets hope he is in good hands with Frolunda HC. Big age 20 season for him in his first SHL season. He has high value as a young kid in Sweden and he had options on where he would play which indicates there are a lot of eyes on him.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Norlinder is that type that has all the tools you look for but is also that type that needs to learn how to be reliable and play physical in his own end. A lot struggle in that area and that will drive coaches nuts. Lets hope he is in good hands with Frolunda HC. Big age 20 season for him in his first SHL season. He has high value as a young kid in Sweden and he had options on where he would play which indicates there are a lot of eyes on him.

I think he'll learn that in Frölunda. Modo is a really fun team to watch. They encourage offensive creativity and daring play in their players. They play firewagon hockey. Probably the closest thing that I've seen to ''total'' hockey, actually.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Frolunda playing a preseason game today. Still to see if Norlinder will play.

Norlinder in the line-up on the 3rd pair (#6):

I think Frolunda is also playing at 1PM.

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He played there quite a bit with Modo, with his skating he can play on his weak side and switch around pretty seamlessly.

yea I got to see a decent amount of him especially as the season went on so almost all the games he was at RD and didn't look out of place at all. I can't wait for the SHL season to start, I think I'm more excited to see him then any other Hab prospect as this kid could be the real deal and seeing him in the SHL will give us more a idea what we have as long as he gets regular TOI, which I assume he will.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
yea I got to see a decent amount of him especially as the season went on so almost all the games he was at RD and didn't look out of place at all. I can't wait for the SHL season to start, I think I'm more excited to see him then any other Hab prospect as this kid could be the real deal and seeing him in the SHL will give us more a idea what we have as long as he gets regular TOI, which I assume he will.
He may be my number 1 prospect interest wise right now, there's still so much intrigue about his maximum ceiling. How much better can he really get ? I'll definitely be keeping a close eye.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
off the center ice face-off on the goal, Norlinder takes a header, could have been costly

it's 1-1 near the end of the 2nd. Damn I wish I knew it was on sooner, as I didn't see it listed as being on when i checked earlier. still cool to see a prospect play live hockey.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
One tweet said
• Norlinder sticker ut ordentligt.

Which means Norlinder is standing out.

That sounds like Svenglish to me. I have never heard that expression before. I am not saying that a language can't change in 20 years so it might be a part of the language today. The best translation for standing out imo is probably "stiger fram (stepping forward) or utmärker sig"

Reactions: Gravity and Redux91

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That sounds like Svenglish to me. I have never heard that expression before. I am not saying that a language can't change in 20 years so it might be a part of the language today. The best translation for standing out imo is probably "stiger fram (stepping forward) or utmärker sig"

Think my friend translated it to "Noticeable"

Reactions: Per Sjoblom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad