Prospect Info: 64th Overall, Mattias Norlinder LD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gubbhornet

Dec 5, 2019
How should the Habs handle a prospect like this? Following MODO, I am very convinced that he will be ready for his NHL-debut in ~2 years (assuming that next season is not affected by Covid-19). Is it smarter to sign him now and then get a cheaper resign with a cheaper contract after the ELC, or wait with the ELC until he is closer to his debut?

I believe that he can develop to a top 4 defenseman if I compare him with other Swedish talents.

Note: I think it's best for him to play in Sweden for atleast this season regardless of the signing. But that can be solved by loans.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How should the Habs handle a prospect like this? Following MODO, I am very convinced that he will be ready for his NHL-debut in ~2 years (assuming that next season is not affected by Covid-19). Is it smarter to sign him now and then get a cheaper resign with a cheaper contract after the ELC, or wait with the ELC until he is closer to his debut?

I believe that he can develop to a top 4 defenseman if I compare him with other Swedish talents.

Note: I think it's best for him to play in Sweden for atleast this season regardless of the signing. But that can be solved by loans.

there's no need to sign him now, it would just burn up a spot on the 50. Let him play for Frolunda next season and see how he fares and then we'll see if he's ready to come over for the '21-'22 season or not.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Hearing the reports from coaches scouts and media about him, sounds like he’s going to be something special. His ability to rush, control and carry the play forward to generate offence translates perfectly into the new NHL. Paired with a veteran partner, he has the potential to be something special. Just needs to keep growing and gaining confidence. Can wait to see him in another year or two.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
he has the potential to be something special.

I said as much about 10 posts up, we just need to see how he adjusts to the higher level though as for his age and being in Allsvenskan it's tougher to really say. There's certainly a lot to like about his upside but at this point it's more guess work kind of like his fellow draftee Struble.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hearing the reports from coaches scouts and media about him, sounds like he’s going to be something special. His ability to rush, control and carry the play forward to generate offence translates perfectly into the new NHL. Paired with a veteran partner, he has the potential to be something special. Just needs to keep growing and gaining confidence. Can wait to see him in another year or two.

Based on the options he had to sign several deals... that tells me he was sought after and various SHL teams valued his potential. Positive signs so far in his development and potential of who he can be in the future.

Let him develop in SHL.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
He'll play one more year in Sweden and then I think he'll come to NA (someone can correct me if his contract runs 2 years), Id suspect atleast a year in the A to get accustomed to NA, but his skillset is off the charts. If he develops his all around game, he will become a dynamite player. I think he's in the right direction. He's in the right league right now, and I think after next year, one year learning from Bouchard, I think he surpasses a lot of our D prospects (Brook, Struble, Harris). He either flies up our prospects charts, or he'll have to sit behind guys like Struble and Harris so it will be interesting to watch this next year.
Its a big year for our D prospects

Reactions: Dutronc

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Is it just me or does he remind anyone else of PK a little. Great offensive instincts, great edge work and can lead a team up ice with ease. Just seems like when I watch his highlights, it’s very PKesque.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Is it just me or does he remind anyone else of PK a little. Great offensive instincts, great edge work and can lead a team up ice with ease. Just seems like when I watch his highlights, it’s very PKesque.

A cross between PK and OEL. Hands and attacking style of Pk with the shooting style of OEL.

I have this guy as one of our top prospects. Theres certainly bust potential but as far as ceiling goes, he probably has the best ceiling of all our D prospects.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
A cross between PK and OEL. Hands and attacking style of Pk with the shooting style of OEL.

I have this guy as one of our top prospects. Theres certainly bust potential but as far as ceiling goes, he probably has the best ceiling of all our D prospects.

So, soon we'll have 2 prospects playing for Frolunda...;)

For sure a high ceiling, let's see how he adapts to the SHL.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I'm so convinced this guy is going to be a stud for us. He's going to be our PP1 quarterback. With Romanov and Norlinder on the left side, we're doing pretty well.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I'm so convinced this guy is going to be a stud for us. He's going to be our PP1 quarterback. With Romanov and Norlinder on the left side, we're doing pretty well.
Yes he needs to get stronger but other than that he seems very good at everything. Also getting stronger should not be a longterm issue if he is dedicated and on a proper training program.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

yeah I think it's safe to say he has the highest ceiling of our D prospects. He has #1D skills imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad