Prospect Info: 64th Overall, Mattias Norlinder LD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Nice hands man I like how he gets the puck on his backhand as if he might pass to his right and just shift right back on his forehand and rifle an accurate wrister.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Never really thought this kid a heavy or dangerous release but he does have pretty good wrister. Accuracy seems to be his strength.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
He has amazing skill, very interesting prospect. Can someone say what the Allsvenskan caliber is like compared to the CHL? Weaker? Stronger?

He definitely looks too good for that league, would like to see him in the SHL.

Rille

Jan 22, 2011
Örnsköldsvik
He has amazing skill, very interesting prospect. Can someone say what the Allsvenskan caliber is like compared to the CHL? Weaker? Stronger?

He definitely looks too good for that league, would like to see him in the SHL.

Way stronger. Most teams would probably be the favorite to win World Juniors

Reactions: Acadien86

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Never really thought this kid a heavy or dangerous release but he does have pretty good wrister. Accuracy seems to be his strength.

Isn't the trend in the NHL starting to become like that? Less slap shots and more writers?

I did see some recent video on Norlinder and seems like we got a solid 2nd round pick here. 3 goals in his 1st 5 Allsvenskan games. It's a solid start for the player who has been dealing with injuries.

WJC option for Sweden? Appears to be

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
he was a 3rd round pick.

He is certainly in the mix for the WJC's, his chances look good now that Tobias Björnfot & Rasmus Sandin will start in NHL.

My bad, we traded away the other 2nd and didn't take Dorofeyev. I remember now

Cool.. Always nice to see Habs prospects at the WJC and if they perform, it's a good trend in development... like last year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
My bad, we traded away the other 2nd and didn't take Dorofeyev. I remember now

Cool.. Always nice to see Habs prospects at the WJC and if they perform, it's a good trend in development... like last year.

we traded down so Norlinder was going to be a 2nd round pick after the Struble pick but MB traded down and they still got their guy in 3rd round like Hillis the year before. Dorofeyev though, that would could sting in a few years.

I just created a thread to track the WJC's since there are a number of guys we could have make or on the bubble.

WJC 2020

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
we traded down so Norlinder was going to be a 2nd round pick after the Struble pick but MB traded down and they still got their guy in 3rd round like Hillis the year before. Dorofeyev though, that would could sting in a few years.

I just created a thread to track the WJC's since there are a number of guys we could have make or on the bubble.

WJC 2020

Good idea!

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Isn't the trend in the NHL starting to become like that? Less slap shots and more writers?

I did see some recent video on Norlinder and seems like we got a solid 2nd round pick here. 3 goals in his 1st 5 Allsvenskan games. It's a solid start for the player who has been dealing with injuries.

WJC option for Sweden? Appears to be
3rd round pick*

Yes I would say he's in the mix for a spot on SWE WJC roster.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Does any SHL team own his rights? If he keeps up this production, does any SHL team step in and try to get him on loan or do they stay away cause they know he might make the trip over seas next year to Laval?

Brook, Struble, Romanov appear to be 2nd round hits. Might only be top 4D ish in the end with one cracking the top pairing.

Fleury, Norlinder, Harris appear to be 3rd round hits. Can any of these 3 jump ahead of the other 3 in the next few development years? Very possible and Fleury is well on his way

Reactions: WinterLion

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Does any SHL team own his rights? If he keeps up this production, does any SHL team step in and try to get him on loan or do they stay away cause they know he might make the trip over seas next year to Laval?

Brook, Struble, Romanov appear to be 2nd round hits. Might only be top 4D ish in the end with one cracking the top pairing.

Fleury, Norlinder, Harris appear to be 3rd round hits. Can any of these 3 jump ahead of the other 3 in the next few development years? Very possible and Fleury is well on his way
Norlinder might very well turn out as the top D. Offense + skating seems to easy for him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Norlinder might very well turn out as the top D. Offense + skating seems to easy for him.

It's early and it's not the SHL or Liiga league he is playing in. Regardless, he is off to a great start and appears he is past his injuries? Lets see how he looks at the WJC and if he stands out.

But yeah, those hands and skating look impressive. Our LD side is way stronger than the RD side in terms of our prospects. Way more options too. I suspect they go after a few RD's in the next draft or two. Need another forward with a shot like Caufield as well but more like the power forward type

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad