Pre-Game Talk: 64|Revenge of the Fat one| Penguins @ Ducks|3/6/2015|10:00pm EST.|Honda Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesper

Apr 13, 2007
Mannheim
Over/under of Despres doing something awesome and Steigy going "That's something he never showed us while with the Penguins"?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Why hasn't Sid done this all season?

mpp9 always looks to provoke the weirdest reactions when people have an opinion he doesn't like.

Like, no one in the Despres' threads think he's perfect. We've all seen him burned by Tavares and a few other stars this year.

if he has a bad game, it's not the end of the world.

In the end, isn't that the point of all the Despres threads? Some inconsistency in a 60-game stretch for a 23-year old Dman... isn't the end of the world.

If Despres gets burned by Sid or Geno tomorrow... I mean... **** happens? He'll probably go to video after the game, the coaches will tell him what he should do, and he'll learn and grow? And life will go on? And it will still be a bad trade?

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
mpp9 always looks to provoke the weirdest reactions when people have an opinion he doesn't like.

Like, no one in the Despres' threads think he's perfect. We've all seen him burned by Tavares and a few other stars this year.

In the end, isn't that the point of all the Despres threads? Some inconsistency in a 60-game stretch for a 23-year old Dman... isn't the end of the world.

If Despres gets burned by Sid or Geno tomorrow... I mean... **** happens? He'll probably go to video after the game, the coaches will tell him what he should do, and he'll learn and grow? And life will go on? And it will still be a bad trade?

What if a meteor falls on the Honda Center tomorrow night?

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
Despres could be a -5 tonight with 3 own goals, and it wouldn't change the fact that it was a bad trade.

Granted, I hope both Elmer and Rev have an impact on the game. And maybe Simon gets in a fight with Kunitz (doing what he does best according to Mgmt) as a tactic to reduce the amount veteran experience we have on the ice.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

:laugh:

Basically sums it up. It's like he'll point to us all and laugh and say, "HAH! I told you so! You're all stupid for liking Despres as a player so much, and overreacting to this trade!"

When in reality, all we want is to see this team actually be bothered to teach a young kid how to grow as a player, show confidence in him, and not give up at the first sign of regression. Or in other words, what the people in the know call "player development."

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Good luck to you guys.

For both our fanbases' sake, I hope Lovejoy scores one while Despres is on the ice. :laugh:

On a more game-related note, the Pens will need to take advantage of an inevitably-sluggish 2nd period by the Ducks in order to win. 1st will be a wash, but the 3rd is when we really pick up our game.

If the Ducks have the lead after two periods then you can shut off the TV because it's a win for Anaheim.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
If the Ducks have the lead after two periods then you can shut off the TV because it's a win for Anaheim.

IIRC, I heard a stat today on the radio that the Pens have yet to come back from being behind going into the 3rd period. Don't know if that's accurate or not.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
:laugh:

Basically sums it up. It's like he'll point to us all and laugh and say, "HAH! I told you so! You're all stupid for liking Despres as a player so much, and overreacting to this trade!"

When in reality, all we want is to see this team actually be bothered to teach a young kid how to grow as a player, show confidence in him, and not give up at the first sign of regression. Or in other words, what the people in the know call "player development."

I'm just taking a headcount on how many are more interested in how Despres looks next game than Sid and Geno.

I'm not commenting on our garbage player development. Or even Despres possibly making us look stupid for trading him.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I'd like to see Despres do well, but I'll probably never watch a single game of his unless he's playing the Pens.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
I'm just taking a headcount on how many are more interested in how Despres looks next game than Sid and Geno.

I'm not commenting on our garbage player development. Or even Despres possibly making us look stupid for trading him.

In this one game I think it's ok to be more curious about Despres.

But is there any question Geno brings it?

Thank you for addressing my very real concerns.

Do you have any?

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
IIRC, I heard a stat today on the radio that the Pens have yet to come back from being behind going into the 3rd period. Don't know if that's accurate or not.

Unfortunately this is true. I was shocked by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad