Pre-Game Talk: 64|Revenge of the Fat one| Penguins @ Ducks|3/6/2015|10:00pm EST.|Honda Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Wouldn't be surprised if the Reverend scores a goal against his old club. He's become a big game player since we traded him for a friggin 5th.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
So what's the reaction if Sid burns Despres repeatedly?

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Couldn't help myself. I looked back at the Root intermission report with their "CHRIS KUNITZ IS AWESOME!!!" report and it honestly made me sick to my stomach.

Dunno man. Dating back to Shero/Bylsma, the whole family atmosphere thing and the media's love for redundant players and their inability to question ANYTHING the organization does, I can't help but feel the Penguins as a whole have an almost cult like personality and it makes me care for them a lot less than I want to.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Couldn't help myself. I looked back at the Root intermission report with their "CHRIS KUNITZ IS AWESOME!!!" report and it honestly made me sick to my stomach.

Dunno man. Dating back to Shero/Bylsma, the whole family atmosphere thing and the media's love for redundant players and their inability to question ANYTHING the organization does, I can't help but feel the Penguins as a whole have an almost cult like personality and it makes me care for them a lot less than I want to.

They need to unleash the Toronto media on our players for a few months.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
We need a template. Here, I'll make it

[Insert generic reason why popular reaction is overblown]

[enter statement of agreement with popular reaction]

[generic closing]

This is very helpful. Thank you!

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
the Penguins have already edited Bortuzzo and Despres out of the newest commercial. Their marketing/PR team is amazing.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

If Despres plays well it will be more posters talking about how great he is, we told you he was good blah blah blah

If Despres plays bad its only 1 game, no big deal, lots of players have trouble with Sid and Geno.

The truth is that this game wouldn't determine how good or bad this trade is, or how good or bad a player Despres will turn out to be.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Sid would have to show he has a pulse and Despres is too good for that. Soooooo. It ain't happening.

Geno, on the other hand, has a chance. Dude is burning everyone right now.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Sid would have to show he has a pulse and Despres is too good for that. Soooooo. It ain't happening.

Geno, on the other hand, has a chance. Dude is burning everyone right now.

I could see him and Geno getting into it. I think everyone will have a hard ****ing night coming down the right side and that there will be a few shoving matches.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Sincerely hoping for a Pens loss. A dark part of me is hoping they somehow don't make the playoffs. It's the only way this organization will FINALLY learn some humility and stop living off the glory of '09.

I would actually prefer this. It's almost too hard watching them lose in the playoffs...we know its not happening this year. It's like a girl breaking up with you before you ask her to marry you knowing that it will likely end in divorce.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
the Penguins have already edited Bortuzzo and Despres out of the newest commercial. Their marketing/PR team is amazing.

they are going hardcore then, because they had a commercial with glass in it playing for practically two months at the start of the season

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
they are going hardcore then, because they had a commercial with glass in it playing for practically two months at the start of the season

Well, yeah. They LOVED Tanner Glass. Team and PR, alike (same thing?). Probably looked into bringing him back in.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

unless they have a different one on their website...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad