Pre-Game Talk: 64|Revenge of the Fat one| Penguins @ Ducks|3/6/2015|10:00pm EST.|Honda Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
14254853557571%201_zpser4kdsgg.jpg

Go..

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
:laugh:

Nice graphic. Lineups and roster news be damned. There's only one salient fact relating to this game and the graphic nails it.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I just have a feeling that Anaheim whips us good, Elmer or no Elmer. The good teams have gotten better. We haven't. I think you'll see us really struggle against playoff teams now.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Edit: Black Label has set me straight.

It's the second game of a back to back, and I'm gonna guess Greiss is going to be in net.

I'll keep the rest.

I think they'll put a push early then fade, but I'm all for being pleasantly surprised.

Hoping for the W if they can get on them early and pile up some goals to take the wind out of them. They also played last night with a win over the Habs for their own 4 game win streak to lead the NHL on the point totals with 91.

LGP!

Last edited:

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
It's the second game of a back to back, and I'm gonna guess Greiss is going to be in net.

I think they'll put a push early then fade, but I'm all for being pleasantly surprised.

Hoping for the W if they can get on them early and pile up some goals to take the wind out of them. They also played last night with a win over the Habs for their own 4 game win streak to lead the NHL on the point totals with 91.

LGP!

I thought it was the first game of a back to back? They play the Ducks on Friday and the Kings on Saturday.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Was switching between both games last night, the Ducks are so big and fast, they're going to make our lives a living hell. I expect us to get a beating tomorrow night, then again when I expect that we usually win!!

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Good luck to you guys.

For both our fanbases' sake, I hope Lovejoy scores one while Despres is on the ice. :laugh:

On a more game-related note, the Pens will need to take advantage of an inevitably-sluggish 2nd period by the Ducks in order to win. 1st will be a wash, but the 3rd is when we really pick up our game.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Good luck to you guys.

For both our fanbases' sake, I hope Lovejoy scores one while Despres is on the ice. :laugh:

On a more game-related note, the Pens will need to take advantage of an inevitably-sluggish 2nd period by the Ducks in order to win. 1st will be a wash, but the 3rd is when we really pick up our game.

For both of our management teams, I hope Despres scores a goal, rocks Brandon Sutter into next week, and plays 20+ minutes of near mistake free hockey.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
if despres hounds sid all night it's going to make for a long night for breakable objects in my apartment

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Says a lot about our prospect pool that our entire board has thrown a **** fit over trading Simon Despres.

Don't get me wrong he's a solid player with potential but if we had a few more good prospects we wouldn't be blinking an eye over losing him.

The problem is we're in a tough situation where our prospect pool is barren and yet we're not the favored team to win the cup or really all that close to it. No prospects + not a cup favorite is a bad bad spot to be in.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
We need a template. Here, I'll make it

[Insert generic reason why popular reaction is overblown]

[enter statement of agreement with popular reaction]

[generic closing]

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
We need a template. Here, I'll make it

[Insert generic reason why popular reaction is overblown]

[enter statement of agreement with popular reaction]

[generic closing]

be sure to omit asset mgmt and player development signalling as being fundamental concern for people furious over the trade

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
was watching both pens/avs and habs/ducks games last night (which meant i wasn't really paying close attention to either) and i don't see the pens winning (unless the problems they had in colorado stemmed completely from altitude sickness mixed with large amounts of weed)

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
be sure to omit asset mgmt and player development signalling as being fundamental concern for people furious over the trade

I mean, totally. ... I thought not understanding the point was implied through omission! ;)

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Sincerely hoping for a Pens loss. A dark part of me is hoping they somehow don't make the playoffs. It's the only way this organization will FINALLY learn some humility and stop living off the glory of '09.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Says a lot about our prospect pool that our entire board has thrown a **** fit over trading Simon Despres.

Don't get me wrong he's a solid player with potential but if we had a few more good prospects we wouldn't be blinking an eye over losing him.

The problem is we're in a tough situation where our prospect pool is barren and yet we're not the favored team to win the cup or really all that close to it. No prospects + not a cup favorite is a bad bad spot to be in.

I don't buy this. We have plenty of good D prospects and everybody is still pissed. :laugh:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Sincerely hoping for a Pens loss. A dark part of me is hoping they somehow don't make the playoffs. It's the only way this organization will FINALLY learn some humility and stop living off the glory of '09.

They'd just do something really stupid like trade Malkin or Letang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad