Would you trade or keep RNH and Nurse?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Odd. I've never experienced anything like this. What version of the browser were you using, or at least how long ago? This sounds more like it's the plugins at work here than the browser. They've also gone through a major overhaul a while back so if it's been a while, you may want to give Mozilla another chance especially if the others aren't doing it for you. FF still owns about 10% of the market as of 2018.
Stopped using firefox about 5yrs ago. I should note not all problems were just on that end. Some companies I work for use cheapest possibly work information systems and so the problem definitely due to that as well. But still, I can change browsers, I can't change the OS at work heh.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
tenor (11).gif

MikeYEG

Feb 7, 2019
Blessing. He is only reason why changes will happen in the organization. The only reason we are dead center in the spotlight. It reveals all our problems . Even if they have to drag the rot out kicking and screaming. Having McDavid will force Katz to make the drastic changes the team needs or lose the best chance of winning a stanley cup with once in a lifetime generational talent because of his arrogant pride to remove incompetents out of the organization. His name will be stained and cursed until the end of his days.
I agree and hope you're right, it's my only hope, McDavid is the only one who has the power to force change on this franchise. I fear it will have to be an ultimatum though, a kind of "OBC out or I demand a trade" scenario, and I really fear what our jock sniffing owner would choose...

As for the game, we didn't beat the Leafs (which I badly wanted), McDavid is not going to win the Art Ross and I don't think Drai, as hot as he is, is going to win the Rocket with just 1 (or none) NHL caliber players on his line.

Reactions: MettleMcOiler

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Could a loss here finally spell the end to Nicholson?

Likely not. But a tidy 12 game losing streak and non-renewal of a batch of high end season tickets might do the trick.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Likely not. But a tidy 12 game losing streak and non-renewal of a batch of high end season tickets might do the trick.
Doubtful. Higher up you are more chance you get. If we still suck after his second GM then absolutely.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

Nicholson is safe for at minimum another 3 years imo

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Boedker could of been had for peanuts. He would be a better option for the 3rd or 4th line. :dunno:

That's a weak 3rd and 4th line, lot of ahl material.

Call Benson up now, not a lot to lose at this rate.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Interesting to compare today's poll results with an earlier poll about trading Nurse. I believe that was firmly in favour of keeping Nurse; now opinion seems to be pretty split down the middle...

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Hope you've been all well, fellas. Cheers to the ones still watching games though. My apathy is an ultimate high. Will be back by good ol draft lottery day.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Interesting to compare today's poll results with an earlier poll about trading Nurse. I believe that was firmly in favour of keeping Nurse; now opinion seems to be pretty split down the middle...
I would definitely keep Nurse. I would keep both, but with the proviso that both need more accountability than they receive and more direction as well. It seems like this org is shy about giving direction to some players and quite candid with others.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

someone should randomly ask Nicholson whats the all time goal record in the NHL in a season just to see if this fake bitch even knows the answer during a presser.

will really show his hockey knowledge. We hired this turd to run our franchise

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I would definitely keep Nurse. I would keep both, but with the proviso that both need more accountability than they receive and more direction as well. It seems like this org is shy about giving direction to some players and quite candid with others.

RNH I feel gets unlimited leash on the team because he has somehow developed this reputation of being a great two-way player. Two way players tend to be able to win the occasional board battle and are in the right position with their body and stick defensively most of the time. RNH is none of those things.

Nurse gets this reputation of being a great skater with a lot of tools, when in reality his skating is only above average at this level. He gets beat to loose pucks consistently by opposing forwards. His reputation of being a nasty, physical defender is also way overblown. He's cocky on the ice but rarely backs it up with any actual play or performance.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille