Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Interesting lines.

Poor Gagner, oof.

Interesting that Gagner who was arguably the most engaged performer in recent weeks, and last night is deposed, while Nuge remains.

Its more interesting that an org that always had Gagner playing with plugs like Omark and Paajarvi, doing all the dirty work, is revisiting that even though this being a player that was figured not even good enough to remain on the team.

We're entrusting Gagner with a hard assignment and Nuge, an 8yr veteran gets another plum game despite playing badly for 8 games.

This not even mentioning that McD-Nuge have bled goals all season and its NOT a beneficial arrangement for the team. If you load up them, you would expect them to outscore. This has not occurred this season, but we're going back to it yet again, and Nuge was on ice for 5GA last night.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Agreed.... but Edge??? Gross.

I don't use Edge a lot but I hate Google, and IE conflicts with the site.

I detest Google. Only use it for sites where I have to.

Both Google and Edge are not preferable, but IE is not up to date and does not have functionality.

I'm not very good with tech and Google Chrome is not too intuitive to me.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Agreed.... but Edge??? Gross.
Isn't Edge the "fastest" browser at the moment? I don't know if that's true but it's something I read somewhere. I think.

Currently using Google Chrome myself because it syncs well with my phone. Biggest issue is the high memory usage though.

Just kidding, I use this:

Batman-batcomputer.JPG

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
You guys came up with one, JUST ONE, exception to my my short hair comment. I stand by what I said.

Even though it’s about ten years past my preference, still a good song and video.

You never asked for a list. ;)

I can add to those "exceptions" easily...

Halle Berry, Emma Watson, Kate Beckinsale, etc.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Both Google and Edge are not preferable, but IE is not up to date and does not have functionality.

Have you tried Firefox. I used to prefer it when I first grew tired of IE's functionality issues, but gradually moved to Chrome and can't really remember why.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Isn't Edge the "fastest" browser at the moment? I don't know if that's true but it's something I read somewhere. I think.

Currently using Google Chrome myself because it syncs well with my phone. Biggest issue is the high memory usage though.

Just kidding, I use this:

Batman-batcomputer.JPG

Ah yes, the Bat Computer, where you could throw any random question at it (like, which criminal mastermind would pull this off?) and it would give you an answer.

Reactions: The Batman

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Have you tried Firefox. I used to prefer it when I first grew tired of IE's functionality issues, but gradually moved to Chrome and can't really remember why.

Firefox has actually gotten a lot better, they did a total overhaul on it back in Aug-Sept and it runs faster and uses less resources.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Not sure if this would be more appropriate for the next Oilers home game, but I think it is also fitting for an Oilers game in Ottawa.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Firefox conflicts with almost any work program protocol or user systems I've ever had to use. I basically had to burn firefox with fire. Its a browser that seems to throw a lot of settings changes at your computer which are hard to change back. One company had to write 6 different program scripts to try to get work programs to work at home, if users were also using Firefox. Indeed due to the functionality being unstable the company finally stated DON'T use firefox. They even had to write programming to change back, what firefox had changed, even after you delete all traces of the program.

I don't think I would ever choose firefox again. Unless I never intended to work again.

Reactions: bone

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Firefox conflicts with almost any work program protocol or user systems I've ever had to use. I basically had to burn firefox with fire. Its a browser that seems to throw a lot of settings changes at your computer which are hard to change back. One company had to write 6 different program scripts to try to get work programs to work at home, if users were also using Firefox. Indeed due to the functionality being unstable the company finally stated DON'T use firefox. They even had to write programming to change back, what firefox had changed, even after you delete all traces of the program.

I don't think I would ever choose firefox again. Unless I never intended to work again.

Good to know.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012

I'll second FireFox. Been my main browser for a long long time. But I'm a developer and therefore I need to use/test apps in FF, Chrome, IE, etc. for compatibility. I'm also a large Google fan and have built an ecosystem centralized by their offerings.

So Toronto F'd us in the game last night and then again at the airport. Outstanding. <sarcasm>Can't wait to watch this game tonight. </sarcasm>

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Interesting that Gagner who was arguably the most engaged performer in recent weeks, and last night is deposed, while Nuge remains.

Its more interesting that an org that always had Gagner playing with plugs like Omark and Paajarvi, doing all the dirty work, is revisiting that even though this being a player that was figured not even good enough to remain on the team.

We're entrusting Gagner with a hard assignment and Nuge, an 8yr veteran gets another plum game despite playing badly for 8 games.

This not even mentioning that McD-Nuge have bled goals all season and its NOT a beneficial arrangement for the team. If you load up them, you would expect them to outscore. This has not occurred this season, but we're going back to it yet again, and Nuge was on ice for 5GA last night.

Since he's been back, Gagner has shown more talent, speed, vision and hands than pretty much anyone on the roster.

Seeing him centering a line with wingers that don't look like they have EVER produced offense, seems like the best way to take everything Gagner brings to the table, and throw it out the window.

Reactions: RegDunlop

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012

Odd. I've never experienced anything like this. What version of the browser were you using, or at least how long ago? This sounds more like it's the plugins at work here than the browser. They've also gone through a major overhaul a while back so if it's been a while, you may want to give Mozilla another chance especially if the others aren't doing it for you. FF still owns about 10% of the market as of 2018.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
Since he's been back, Gagner has shown more talent, speed, vision and hands than pretty much anyone on the roster.

Seeing him centering a line with wingers that don't look like they have EVER produced offense, seems like the best way to take everything Gagner brings to the table, and throw it out the window.
#hitchcockeffect

Reactions: MikeYEG

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
So is McDavid a curse and a blessing?

Teams always take us seriously and get up for games against us because of McDavid.

Also it seems that the rest of our team expects McDavid to carry them? We played such a strong team game without him...when will they understand that even with McDavud they need to give 100%

Anyways, fk the Oilers

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
So is McDavid a curse and a blessing?

Teams always take us seriously and get up for games against us because of McDavid.

Also it seems that the rest of our team expects McDavid to carry them? We played such a strong team game without him...when will they understand that even with McDavud they need to give 100%

Anyways, fk the Oilers

Blessing. He is the only reason why changes will happen in the organization. The only reason we are dead center in the spotlight. It reveals all our problems . Even if they have to drag the rot out kicking and screaming. Having McDavid will force Katz to make the drastic changes the team needs or lose the best chance of winning a stanley cup with a once in a lifetime generational talent because of his arrogant pride to remove incompetents out of the organization. His name will be stained and cursed until the end of his days.

Last edited:

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Blessing. He is only reason why changes will happen in the organization. The only reason we are dead center in the spotlight. It reveals all our problems . Even if they have to drag the rot out kicking and screaming. Having McDavid will force Katz to make the drastic changes the team needs or lose the best chance of winning a stanley cup with once in a lifetime generational talent because of his arrogant pride to remove incompetents out of the organization. His name will be stained and cursed until the end of his days.
That's a good way to look at it...he really is the Oilers saviour if that's the case.

Reactions: MettleMcOiler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad