Post-Game Talk: #64| Flyers at Lightning | March 7, 2023

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Meh, TB was pretty dirty, TDA was out of line, but Farabee also took a run at Cernak and got a penalty that put the team in a hole. Perry tried to sucker punch Deslauriers, but Deslauriers got the better of that exchange.

Really? I was assured that because we have Deslauriers teams would be too terrified to be dirty and therefore it's a great signing and the team will be far better because they'd feel oh so safe.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, and you'd HATE Marchand if he was a Flyer. Like you hate TK (who is pretty dirty at times).
TDA went over the line, but TB was dirty and the refs swallowed their whistles.

Torts didn't absolve TDA of blame, later he said he was over the line.

But I think he knows this team isn't going to beat teams like TB very often, but he doesn't want them to passively accept these losses, especially when the opponent is not only more skilled, but thinks they can take cheap shots without consequences.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
There’s so much smoke with Hayes to CBJ that I’ve got to think it’s likely.

Rare to get that level of talk.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Of course the usual suspects are minimizing TDA being a piece of shit, I shouldn't be surprised at all. Get out of here with the strawman "you are only calling him out because you hate him" horse shit.

And lmao at Torts calling out Sanheim and Farabee, but defending TDA. Strict accountability for some, laissez faire indifference for others. I never want to hear about Torts' "accountability" ever again. What a joke.

TDA, Torts, the Senior advisers, contrarians, they all deserve each other. Disgusting.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sanheim should be called out, if he wasn't a board favorite, you'd all be trashing him for such crappy play after signing for big money - face it, right now he's stealing.

Farabee was just stupid penalties due to frustration, that's more understandable. Torts has pretty much said he's giving him a mulligan for this season.

TDA was stupid, he should have waited until 30 seconds left, then broke Perry's hand with a slash.;)

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Sanheim should be called out, if he wasn't a board favorite, you'd all be trashing him for such crappy play after signing for big money - face it, right now he's stealing.

But no one is saying he's playing well. This fantasy you have about "board favorites" crumbles upon examination because you ignore people have nuanced takes. He undeniably is having a bad year. He undeniably is not a bad player, hence your favorite manager signing him to an 8 year deal. It's the disconnect we'd like to understand. What is going wrong this year?

But you'd think 3 years of high end metrics and being the Flyers' best defenseman would give him some leeway. Because this year is the sample anomaly -- under an abrasive new coach, mind you, with an offensively cratering team short on answers for anything. But it doesn't because, well, turn your bias accusation inward. Sanheim is a high character, diligent guy; the idea, as you suggest, he's coasting after his payday tells everyone all they need to know about your objectivity.

Last edited:

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Hey. Remember when Sydney Crosby speared O'Reilly in the nuts? I don't think he got suspended, maybe didn't even get a penalty. Just good fun.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
But no one is saying he's playing well. This fantasy you have about "board favorites" crumbles upon examination because you ignore people have nuanced takes. He undeniably is having a bad year. He undeniably is not a bad player, hence your favorite manager signing him to an 8 year deal. It's the disconnect we'd like to understand. What is going wrong this year?

But you'd think 3 years of high end metrics and being the Flyers' best defenseman would give him some leeway. Because this year is the sample anomaly -- under an abrasive new coach, mind you, with an offensively cratering team short on answers for anything. But it doesn't because, well, turn your bias accusation inward. Sanheim is a high character, diligent guy; the idea, as you suggest, he's coasting after his payday tells everyone all they need to know about your objectivity.
I didn't say I thought he was coasting, did I?
I just pointed out if it were another player this board would roast him.
My theory is Sanheim tried to hard to prove himself worthy of his new contract, started pressing, and is now all tied up in knots.
Just keep him with Risto, they were fine last season, Risto is playing better this season, so give Sanheim some continuity.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019

Farabee was just stupid penalties due to frustration, that's more understandable. Torts has pretty much said he's giving him a mulligan for this season.

TDA was stupid, he should have waited until 30 seconds left, then broke Perry's hand with a slash.;)
This is blatant trolling yet again

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I don't think it's a coincidence the two players he decided to "hold accountable" for penalties were two guys who the media questioned him about recently - Farabee's agents and Sanheim getting scratched in Calgary.

Great idea though. Lower their value and run them out of town, helping the future rebuild.
This has never happened with the Flyers heheheh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad